MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd share some snaps from a little re trim I've started. First up the arm rests. I bought 2m X 1.5m of faux suede off Amazon for £25 and have started the process of removing and retrimming all the cream interior panels.

·
Registered
142 Posts
That looks great mate, would love to do that but my standard ones are constantly water marked from the bloody weather here in scotland :ROFLMAO: was the dash hard to do?

·
Premium Member
4,219 Posts
Keeping my fingers crossed for you, love wrapped parts but I have heard that the fake suede stuff should only be used for bits like headliners that don't get any direct sun. Apparently the fake stuff goes purple after being exposed for a while in the sunlight. Genuine alcantara isn't affected by the sun light.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Keeping my fingers crossed for you, love wrapped parts but I have heard that the fake suede stuff should only be used for bits like headliners that don't get any direct sun. Apparently the fake stuff goes purple after being exposed for a while in the sunlight. Genuine alcantara isn't affected by the sun light.
Ah cheers! To be honest it's not that bad, it's not quite the colour in the images I posted, I agree In those shots they do have a purple like tint to them. It's more like this..

It's more a dark charcoal colour tbh.

Let's see how we go. Can always buy black inserts in the future if needs be or have them properly re trimmed.

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,205 Posts
It's funny you should say that as my corbeau seats went purple at first and now they are a greyish beige on the wear patches

·
Premium Member
4,219 Posts
It's funny you should say that as my corbeau seats went purple at first and now they are a greyish beige on the wear patches
It was Richard Everitt RKDE who used to do trimming bits told me. He would say to always used genuine alcantara for gaiters/downpipes/arm rests otherwise they will eventually turn purple, but you can use the cheap stuff on headliner that doesnt see any sun. In all my cars I've used genuine alcantara with no issues

1 - 8 of 8 Posts