Premium Member
5,039 Posts
Fuchs Syntofluid

·
Registered
2005 Mini R53 Works
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
finished the Mini today. Capacitor was not that fresh anymore, so it was replaced.

then finished car and, yes he started. immediately made a test drive. engine runs very neatly, no taps, rattles or other noises. The engine pulls like crazy, seriously different power than the previous engine top! during test drive the Mini had a pancake handling. I did feel the setup was much tighter, but the 18-inch rims made sure my fillings were tested at every cross-ledge.

so immediately to align the car.

I was actually not allowed to be there because of COVID. Of course, but I just keep my distance. They wanted to align the Mini like a Cooper One. That's why I'm there, it's an R53 Works, with sports suspension ......... So you have to click 5 cars lower on your computer .......... Oh, sorry ..

What a difference, completely different car, sends razor sharp and, I found special, much more comfortable and nothing more blows with bumps. Sure the Mini is punishment, but what a difference.

at home, the bumper is just as well hung, end pieces of the exhaust have a little bit less protruding and the Mini washed.

Mod budget has dried up for a moment, so coilover has to wait a while.

Ron

·
Registered
2005 Mini R53 Works
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So far, so good, Mini drives perfect. By the way, did not know that the half car was assembled with plastic pressure / screw / turn caps. I have checked everything, this week I want to neatly hang and fasten the side skirts. And ff figuring out how I can get those plastic wheel extensions neatly black again, preferably longer than a week ......

Today received a package:

the story: I wanted to put a used camshaft in the JCW head when the head was overhauled. The company called me to say the Newman PH1 camshaft was unusable. The reason was strange wear and tear. So put the standard camshaft back in the head. I just dropped by and the mechanic told me it was a manufacturing error as far as he is concerned. I contacted Newman (email with pictures) and within an hour I was asked if I could send it to them, then they sent a new one back. Received today, just take a moment to install it.

I wanted a Newman PH1 because it works fine without adjustments with JCW mapping and 380 injectors. I think it's top service from Newman.

Gr Ron

·
Premium Member
5,039 Posts
they had a few, easily addressed (y) PH1/2 not 1 fwiw.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts