MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2008 R56 Mini Cooper S
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 R56 mini cooper s seems to have developed a bad noise coming from the turbo under load in the few weeks I have owned it. It's going into the garage on Thursday to be looked at.

I'm new to minis so I'm just getting some research done on a worst case scenario that it needs replacing before I get that call so I know what to do.

Where's the best place to get a replacement turbo for not too much? 1320mini have this one for £432 that seems reasonable?

1320 KO3 Turbocharger - R56

Is there any other options? Refurb?

Also as the turbo will be coming off is there any extra bits that are worth doing at the same time? I will probably want more power in the future so would a silicone turbo intake pipe be wise or anything like that?

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
I would change the turbo oil and coolant hoses if you're putting on a new turbo incase they are a bit gummed up. You'll also need new nuts and gaskets for the flanges. I'm not sure what mods are worth doing while you're in there...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Resident Gobshite
4,162 Posts
You may find that the manifold is cracked. Relatively common.

·
Registered
2008 R56 Mini Cooper S
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The cars currently in the garage being looked at. Apparently turbo is in good condition so they are trying to find where the noise is coming from now

·
Registered
2008 R56 Mini Cooper S
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay good to know. Luckily it seems that the turbo is in good nick and the noise is coming from elsewhere so more fault finding to come

1 - 7 of 7 Posts