MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all,
I have a 2008 JCW (R56) with the CCC version head unit (Pre Lci) And it has factory Sat Nav.

I would ideally like to upgrade the HU to something with DAB, provision for a reversing camera as well as being able to run my own Navigation app - so it will probably be an android unit.

Is there anything that will allow me to keep the stock look (screen inside the speedo) AND all the factory bits and pieces (clicking indicators, beep for PDC Etc)?

Any input from experience welcomed.

HD.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

· Registered
24 Posts
How did the new Stereo go?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its quite cool tbh, the only thing was the speedo was reading kph but just download an app for the mph
Has lights on the outer ring to use as a rev indicator, glows red when braking harder. Not used the sat
nav yet. Reverse cam works a treat id like to be able to get it to work whilst driving & stick one on the
front to record. Cant be that difficult with the tech today. The speedo wont come on until your seat belt
has been plugged in. All buttons work on the steering wheel.

Cheers Kev

· Registered
41 Posts
Its quite cool tbh, the only thing was the speedo was reading kph but just download an app for the mph
Has lights on the outer ring to use as a rev indicator, glows red when braking harder. Not used the sat
nav yet. Reverse cam works a treat id like to be able to get it to work whilst driving & stick one on the
front to record. Cant be that difficult with the tech today. The speedo wont come on until your seat belt
has been plugged in. All buttons work on the steering wheel.

Cheers Kev
Great to hear. Did you have factory sat nav?

Do you install

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
1 Posts
Nice job and a nice looking unit. I have fitted an Android unit to my R56 which was a similar challenge, most of the dash out like you said.

Does your clock on the Rev counter no longer work/set to the correct time? As it was set using the old head unit I now have a warning triangle and I cannot see any way to set it. Have you had any success or been able to disable the warning?

· Registered
52 Posts
Nice job and a nice looking unit. I have fitted an Android unit to my R56 which was a similar challenge, most of the dash out like you said.

Does your clock on the Rev counter no longer work/set to the correct time? As it was set using the old head unit I now have a warning triangle and I cannot see any way to set it. Have you had any success or been able to disable the warning?
I will have the same issue next week when I fit mine , hoping to get car coded with NCS-Expert to allow time change on OBC. Has anyone managed this ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts