MiniTorque.com banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Do you think? Can it detect air in it ???

All that happened was when I fixed the black brake booster , it was loose and one of the securing nuts had come off by the brake pedal. In hindsight I didn't realise this was the actual issue and was causing a hissing sound.

Anyways, in Removing the booster from the master cylinder I knocked off the pipe to the clutch cylinder spilling fluid .I certainly didn't introduce air to the brake pipes ?????

What do you think ?

·
Registered
147 Posts
perhaps air in the brake system? Guessing there, when you had the servo off did you bleed the brakes using a tool to activate the abs pump? The fault isn't suggesting it isn't working, just under pressure, if correct I'd be wanting to know this is done as a first step personally.
:unsure: Wonder if the vac pump is seizing up? Would explain some vanos codes as well.:unsure:
Still wouldn't account for the Lambda codes though.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Do you think? Can it detect air in it ???

All that happened was when I fixed the black brake booster , it was loose and one of the securing nuts had come off by the brake pedal. In hindsight I didn't realise this was the actual issue and was causing a hissing sound.

Anyways, in Removing the booster from the master cylinder I knocked off the pipe to the clutch cylinder spilling fluid .I certainly didn't introduce air to the brake pipes ?????

What do you think ?
I'd re check your work around the master cylinder/ servo area and include wiring connections and have it running to check the big black vac pipe isn't leaking. As Sean says the code is suggesting a pressure loss of some kind, so there will likely be a map sensor of sorts on the servo to monitor vacuum levels.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Vac pump - You're refering to the metal cylinder attached to the exhaust cam? That all came off during the rebuild and it's just a simple blade spinning via the shaft right. Only goes back together one way ? ?

Can't be much wrong in there surely ?????? (that said, the rubber oil seal was broken and I re made the gasket from wynns black gasket maker. Would'nt have thought that would be an issue as its a simple seal to make )

Ok. I will remove the covers later to get access to the servo/booster & master cylinder and check around. Tbf the m/c had a bit of a rough time when I was squeezing the booster in & out.

If It explains vanos codes that would be good too but that's all getting a bit beyond my level at the moment.

I could also buy the two lamba sensors and replace them but that would more likely just to prove a point and could be a waste of money at the moment eh.

Thank you for helping btw

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Agreed, don't think it's worth buying lambdas because it only seemed to start happening after stripping it and putting it back together. Did you scan the car with any kind of tool before hand to see if there were any codes prior to the work?

Might help to narrow down what has happened during your repairs and what may have already been there.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Vac pump - You're refering to the metal cylinder attached to the exhaust cam? That all came off during the rebuild and it's just a simple blade spinning via the shaft right. Only goes back together one way ? ?

Can't be much wrong in there surely ?????? (that said, the rubber oil seal was broken and I re made the gasket from wynns black gasket maker. Would'nt have thought that would be an issue as its a simple seal to make )

Ok. I will remove the covers later to get access to the servo/booster & master cylinder and check around. Tbf the m/c had a bit of a rough time when I was squeezing the booster in & out.

If It explains vanos codes that would be good too but that's all getting a bit beyond my level at the moment.

I could also buy the two lamba sensors and replace them but that would more likely just to prove a point and could be a waste of money at the moment eh.

Thank you for helping btw
Hey, no one likes a broken car...... right? (y)
Simple blade it may be but it can be the cause of so many erronous fault codes. Have a read through this....... #

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
So I wrote to the seller of the cable saying I could not get the r56 running on inpa correctly. He has sent me a link for ista.
Is it better or will it work. ?

·
That's you, that is.
311 Posts
ISTA is way easier to use and (I believe) is the replacement for the older INPA.

·
That's you, that is.
311 Posts
Mine was more like 18Gb, but that included all the “classic” tools (like INPA) as well!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
Ooooo ISTA is way better and loaded first time. This is some serious kit.
Immediately told me that I'd knocked the brake light switch off by the pedal so that solved the hillstart issue and turned the light out on the dash.......
Now for the other ones. ... Does it make any sense to anyone? Is it actually saying the o2 sensor is not connected or break in connection or dead ?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
Where and how would I get this from? But in any case ista+ is saying it's not connected so guessing it's dead ?
Or faulty ??? I take it I can take that to mean it's not working can I ???

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Where and how would I get this from? But in any case ista+ is saying it's not connected so guessing it's dead ?
Or faulty ??? I take it I can take that to mean it's not working can I ???
From the signal wires from the plug/at the ECU (google is your friend) with a voltmeter.

Not until you have tested it/checked the connections, it could be something simple like a dodgy plug.

·
Premium Member
4,969 Posts
some of the sensor looms come adrift and melt on the cat

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
I've had it on and off a few times. Also it's covered in thick soot .
It has 6 wires lads !! Nothing appears melted. Just keeps throwing as a fault and sometimes it idles rough as hell and it smells rich

·
Registered
147 Posts
You should get a modulating voltage switching between 0 & 0.5 volts IIRC.
By the sounds of one of his later posts I'd suggest it's a wideband so any where from 0v to 5v

Can you check the timing on ista+
Not in the traditional fashion no, but in theory you could check the operating ranges of both camshafts. On the Snap-on machines it relays it as an angular figure that rises and falls depending on throttle angle. Can't remember what the figures are though.
Lambda sensors can be like women though...... moody and temperamental! 🤣
Does Ista+ not give a test plan if you click onto the specific fault code? That way you could check the wiring down to the multiplug from the ecu and progress to checking inputs/ outputs at ecu and compare with live data off your laptop. (y)

41 - 60 of 60 Posts