MiniTorque.com banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
The links I've put above should help. The R56 files should be in the 2nd link somewhere.

The first link is the software and should be a guide to installing.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Fab , cheers buddy. I will have a look and see if I can make it work or blow the car up !!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
My cable has arrived. It came with a disc that has loaded on Mike's easy BMW tools.
Inpa 5.0.6 , BMW coding tool , winkfp expert and a bunch of stuff.
But I don't see the mini r56 anywhere.
Is it an old version or can I add cars to it via your link ???
Any thoughts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Actually, I've now downloaded the first link of yours and it appears to be a same version 5.0.6 but it already shows mini r56 in menu shift +F7

Does that mean I am ready to plug in and try it ???

Do I still need to dload an r56 file??

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Check to see if the R56.eng DATEN file is in 'C:\EC-APPS\INPA\CFGDAT'.

If it is then you should be good to go. If not then you’ll need to download the DATEN file and do the install from the links.

·
Registered
147 Posts
This did my head in! :mad: Took me two weeks to finally get INPA and SSS setup and running, Didn't help the instructions being for Windows 7 and me running 10. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I'm gonna look now. I took a gamble it works on win 10 . Appears to at the moment. Wouldn't be so bad if my laptop wasn't out of the arc hahaha

What's sss. Lol

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well, r56 isn't in the CFGDAT . DO I just need to dload it and drag it in ?
Strange because it shows r56 on the front page of inpa with the rest of the models

·
Premium Member
4,969 Posts
I'd expect if it shows the car in the menu it should work....

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Unfortunately it will show on the front page irrespective of whether you have the files or not as the front page just displays what is in the inpa.ini file. Can get it to display any marque but unless the files are there it will throw an error.

You will need to get the R56 files from the 2nd link.

Then follow the instructions in the first link with regards to loading DATEN files. Should all be there.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm gonna look now. I took a gamble it works on win 10 . Appears to at the moment. Wouldn't be so bad if my laptop wasn't out of the arc hahaha

What's sss. Lol
Might actually be of benefit tbf.

INPA is your diagnostic software and the SSS(system service station?) V32 seems to be the more coding side of things iirc. Without taking ten minutes for it to load up. 🤣 And because mine is run through a workstation software exe file I can't run the 2 together so I have to close 1, switch comms in the workstation then open another.
Forgetting this, opening the both because you're rushing just ends up with verbals and a desire to launch the laptop at the nearest wall!! :mad:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
So , how do I set about looking for the fault codes ... And where do I reset the adaptations??
And see what this yellow light is ??

Also I get this box is it normal?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Any ideas or thoughts as to why I cant get inpa to read the engine and transmission ? I have tried another version of inpa and I am just strugging to get the R56 on that version. Its driving me mad
Cant be this hard to load inpa and R56 on , I must be doing something wrong
And i have a button on my cable , Not sure what it does

·
Registered
147 Posts
Not sure tbf. For R56 stuff we have a Snap-on Solus Pro at work which, tbh, is still a bit hit and miss with the codes and will do no coding at all. With the cloned stuff I bought what I needed just for the R53 models. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Well , car still throws a few errors and as yet I haven't been able to investigate And find these adaptations yet what ever they are.
Also need to see if inpa will narrow down why I have a yellow light on the dash. I have high hopes !! Appears to come on and then the hill assist stops working .
Just need to know it works on a 2009 r56

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Hard to be certain if you can't scan the DME on it's own but potentially the codes are the following:

2FB7: Electr. under pressure pump for brake booster
2ACB: Oxygen sensor before catalytic converter, connection
2A53: Oxygen Sensor heating after catalytic converter, activation
2A8B: Oxygen sensor before catalytic converter, calibration cable
2845: VANOS exhaust actuator movement

I'd say it's given you ideas of where your problems lie. 1st one is probably linked to your yellow brake light.
The others may suggest things are not connected appropriately.

I have no idea with regards to the R56 engines I'm afraid.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
But what on earth is this ??????
2FB7: Electr. under pressure pump for brake booster. What ever it is is certainly disabling the hillstart assist. I can clear it and hillstart works for a few hours then the fault returns

·
Premium Member
4,969 Posts
perhaps air in the brake system? Guessing there, when you had the servo off did you bleed the brakes using a tool to activate the abs pump? The fault isn't suggesting it isn't working, just under pressure, if correct I'd be wanting to know this is done as a first step personally.

Reactions: Deavilly76
21 - 40 of 60 Posts