MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an OMP Targa steering wheel fitted to my R56 and it throws up a fault code because the steering wheel buttons aren’t plugged in. Can I fit resistors to the wiring to fool the car into thinking that they are plugged in?? Here’s what it looks like inside...

·
Premium Member
2,104 Posts
Same as the R53.

I wanted to retain cruise control with my Momo wheel so I hid the 2 controls (cruise control and radio) inside the steering wheel boss - plenty of room. Then fed 2 buttons attached to the wheel for the cruise control.

For you it would be quite easy just to connect them then hide them in the boss = No more warning lights.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same as the R53.

I wanted to retain cruise control with my Momo wheel so I hid the 2 controls (cruise control and radio) inside the steering wheel boss - plenty of room. Then fed 2 buttons attached to the wheel for the cruise control.

For you it would be quite easy just to connect them then hide them in the boss = No more warning lights.
I ended up doing exactly this. You only need to leave the cruise control control panel plugged in. I have felt tapped it up and left it inside the boss and no more codes!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts