MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ll try to put as much info as I can!
picked up my dream car yesterday a cream mini 2007! The dealership gave me a horrendous key which the actual key would fall out Of the fob! Anyways got a new key and had it programmed so it starts the car etc however
It doesn’t open the car! I have to use the Manuel key and when I do the car alarm goes off! It stops when I put the fob in the start/stop!
the mechanic tested the receiver and said it’s fine so suspected bc unit however he was looking by the start stop and I thought the remote receiver was either on rear view mirror or above it???
could it be a fuse? I’m willing to check all the fuses myself but that’s it I don’t want to screw up my car!!
I hate that the alarm goes off when I open the door and need
1. To get the remote to work
2. Not have the alarm go off when I open the drivers door with the key! (Will this stop when the fob works and I can use remote unlock
Please help guys

·
Premium Member
1,932 Posts
Youve just bought it. Its theyre responsibility to to fix it. Get off here and get back to them.
All the best.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I didn’t say I brought the car knowing the key was rubbish he had said get new one re programme and it will be fine! That’s my only issue is I’ve done what they said professionally and not working
Have a friends bf whi works for bmw looking at it tues so hopefully ok but advice from others who may have had this issue would be appreciated

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the exact same problem with my newly bought Mini from 2007. I am super curious to what you did to solve it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts