MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is my car,a 2013 cooper S in reef blue,bought three months ago with 48k km on the odometer and completely original,the interior was in really good conditions, the body have some scratch and lightly dent due to parking life,but generally is in good shape

resize 1.jpg

resize 2.jpg

resize 3.jpg

resize 4.jpg

As you can see some aesthetical mods already started,the front lights chrome trim was ruined so I find on ebay a black set with additional rear black trim and tail lights,than buy black vinyl wrap for fuel cap and front grill, also go for black scuttle in place of the chrome oem

Today I add a scangauge on the left of the steering,and order oli and filter,new sparks and an ITG filter for the next service I wanna do at 50k km

Future plan:

- coilovers with jcw rear sway bar
- a set of new wheels
- braided brake line front and rear
- ebc sport pads
- sport 200 cells downpipe
- step 2 jcw exhaust (or maybe another)
- gp2 diffuser
- stage 1 manic remap

For a daily should be enough,but you never know :laugh:

Obviously suggestions are welcome

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just ordered a set of coilovers and new wheels ,should arrive at the end of the month ,can't wait to add them on the car

·
#R53orGTFO
346 Posts
Ahh coilovers, the magic word :thumbup: What kind of wheels have you bought? The rest of the plans also sound good. As citro said, keep us up to date.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Initially I want take a KW v1, but after a reading on various source I chose to save some money and go for a ST X,it's the same and after all climate here is mild,need a bit more maintenance,but isn't the end of the world

For the wheels I go on a classic choice: TD pro reace 1.2 17x7 in gloss black,find a decent price on demon tweeks and Have to buy them

Now I'll go in bmw and order the 18,5 mm sway bar , the number should be this 33556782723 if someone else need it,then I think to stop buying for a while,my finance suffered enough :laugh:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Still waiting for coilovers,but new wheels on

Really happy at how them look in black on this dark blue,maybe side mirrors have to go black too

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice, with the coilovers it'll be spot on :thumbup1:
Thank mate,have to reduce that wheels gap

First time with a lightweight wheels on a car , i'm a noob :laugh: ,but I feel the car better with more offset and less weight,particularly in direction change on narrow street

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ST X and rear sway bar are on,taken the car from the shop yesterday evening and driven it to home after work, a wheels alignment now is needed

The confort isn't so badly, I thought worse , is slightly more stiff from oem but absorbe far more better the ruined surface road , for now I lowering at max height waiting for proper settle which should be about 3 cm ,after that I'll see if I have room for further lowering ,don't want to scratch on every ramp

Rear sway bar made its work too,the understeer is decreased a lot and take the turns better, in therm of price/performance is a good mod,maybe not enough for track speed but for the road I think is sufficient

Still have to drive it seriously (for what I can) but the first impression was very good,post some pics in the next days

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

So coilovers are on and I'm very pleased whit the ride, specially on mountain roads , think I've to do more km for settle the springs, expected a little more lowering in the front, we'll see were it stop doing more road

Recently I totally cook the front pads so it's time to order some goodness : EBC yellowstuff, braided brake lines and Motul rbf 600 on the way

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
And a little present for me

Never liked the oem shift knob

Pull hard they said, in my shift knob the leather is firmly anchored with a plastic ring, so all that shit came off in my hand and the clips of the shift frame flew in the car, now there's only three to hold it in place :mads:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Slowly but ahead with the mod, this time a little upgrade for the brake

Don't expect miracles but a decent difference should be felt, I hope to eliminate the fading and improve the respond at the pedal

Next step, at some point, should be wheels stud and sport downpipe

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lowered a bit on the front for decompress the spring and the car is changed in better, less stiff and more relaxed in all situation, maybe I could try to lowering a bit on the rear too

Surely it need a good wash

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Downpipe fitted, a lot of pops and bang in sport mode but, with the oem exhaust, isn't too loud as I expected

Maybe with the fjcw it won't be so antisocial

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yep, I would like to go for a remap in the next months, probably a manic stage 1 as i have understand that, with this mods, I can go for circa 220 hp

The idea of ​​going on a fmic and remap with a stage 2 intrigues me, but I wouldn't want to compromise the reliability as it is my daily car

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
So my thread still exist,nice!

No news for the mini from the last time, I still have to buy the fjcw exhaust and go for the remap, in the last months I rarely use the car , and the thing slow down a little

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Some little news for the car, serviced engine and transmission oil, a set of michelin ps4 and finally install the fjcw exhaust, I really like how it sound now

Now I'm not so sure about the gp2 diffuser, I like how the fjcw fit the oem aero kit

1 - 20 of 20 Posts