MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever put recaro CS from a corsa VXR into a mini before?
I've been offered a pair for a very good prices but I'm not sure if they will fit or how to make them fit, anyone got any advice?

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
622 Posts
First of all you have to take the rails out by drilling the bolts. Then you have to do some welding to make everything fit onto the oem rails. I also made electrical connections to use the airbags as I managed to take the heated elements out of the oem seats and plug them too. Search the how to section and you will see the progress. :beer: :) it's a hard process but the result is astonishing and 95% doesn't even realise they are opel!!!

·
Premium Member
5,810 Posts
Some corsa seats arnt the same as the sportster cs, the bolsters arnt as aggressive. I have a thread about these as I nearly bought some but decided not too when I found this info out.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Yea they're not the same as the JCW recaros - they're the sportster CS. The corsa ones are just sportsters, as Maverick said above, they're nowhere near as supportive as the JCW's

·
Registered
255 Posts
Ignore that as it's in R53 section - new daddy brain.

I have put a set in mine recently, there are more pics in my project thread. Thankfully I found a set that had already been fitted to an R56 so the subframe modifications were already done.

Essentially it's as follows:

You need to weld some offset plates to the VXR Recaro subframes so they can bolt into the floor. These move the seat away from the centre of the car closer to the door, but centred overall.

Use your R53 seatbelt pre tensioners but use the Recaro bolt.

If you have heated seats then you will need to buy aftermarket elements, remove the thermostat from those and add in a thermistor or use the one from the standard wiring.

For the airbags you have two main options.
1) Don't wire up the Recaro ones and use either resistors to fool the airbag ECU into thinking they are there (make sure they are fused resistors!), or use NCS Expert to adjust the coding in the airbag ECU so it doesn't expect them. I went with the NCS Expert option.
2) You could wire them into the standard loom, I haven't done this as yet but will be looking into it as i know Vaios had them wired into his R56 and they successfully deployed for a friend that purchased them from him, but I need to look into whether the circuit resistance is the same so it doesn't throw any codes or cause issues.

The seats them selves are far more supportive than the stock ones, particularly when pushing on around corners. But they are a very tight fit so need to ensure that the adjustments made to the mounts are spot on to allow the seats to move forwards and backwards suitably.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts