MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New to mini, but after reading these excellent threads of advice on here. Hopefully I have made some sensible decisions and on my way to building a quality car馃槑

This is a 2007 Cooper S 175bhp 92k miles. Purchased as a non runner with a damaged piston and bent conrod. The car had a new stainless 3 inch exhaust and a remap to 230bhp. ( likely the reason why the piston exploded)

I have rebuilt the engine with new bearings/ shells. ARP conrod and head bolts with new water pump, oil chain, thermostat, timing chain and vaneos sprocket. New replacement conrod and piston and all new piston rings after first honing the liners.

Other mods:
JCW side skirts, rear and front bumper
Rear GP roof spoiler
Rear lower defused
I repainted the wheels in gloss black
Stance coilovers
20 mm spacers all round
Adjustable down links
New black diamond front discs and yellow stuff pads with aeroquip brake lines
New rear brakes with new rear callipers
de-Chromed the entire car

Large intercooler
new JCW larger turbo
K&N air filter (panel)
Silicon hoses all round inc nose maker delete
Performance cat downpipe mated to the 3inch stainless exhaust

Just running it in now, have seen 18psi from turbo, so I can see it has had the remap mentioned when I bought it. Ant wait till I have done enough miles that I can use max revs 馃榿

5878F615-B67A-47CA-A676-CCBF0F66D43D.jpeg

Learning!
Hmmmmm...
Buys blown car......
Concludes map is to blame......
Rebuilds car......
Keeps map......
Can鈥檛 wait to thrash it......

Hi and welcome lol

Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
Discussion Starter #3
馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ hence why I have done all the other mods to aid reliability. I have only hit max Boost twice and have read on here that the maximum boost you should go to on non forged conrod and pistons is 18 psi.

When it is run in and I get to drive it properly and it boosts higher than 18pi, I will be getting a new remap

Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers pipsyp

Done some big miles now, been running in at low revs. Time to change the running in thick and gloopy oil for some nice runny synthetic oil. Hopefully should run even better and perhaps I wont get the odd puff of smoke when I pull away.

I am using an ultra gauge Bluetooth which apart from giving all the car stats also records HP and does 0-60 runs. Not sure how accurate they are but had up to 238hp and a 5.4 secs 0-60, when I attempted to drive the car in anger. It will be interesting to see what a dyno will put it at. Won鈥檛 trust the accuracy of the ultra gauge just yet 馃槉

1 - 5 of 5 Posts