MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv had a search and cant find anything.

One of the clips holding the rear belt line under the rear window has snapped. I have taken the belt line off to try and replace the clips.

I cant get these off because the windows in the way. An one have any luck removing these?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
From memory of stripping down a rear hatch, they clip into the panel but are a bitch to get out and usually break as they come out.

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't mind if they break because they are already snapped. I need to know how to get the new ones in as the windows in the way lol

·
Registered
8,647 Posts
The window isn't in the way, they clip on the outside of the window. You use a small pick to pull the old ones out and then push the new ones into place and then clip on the chrome strip again.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The window isn't in the way, they clip on the outside of the window. You use a small pick to pull the old ones out and then push the new ones into place and then clip on the chrome strip again.
The window is in the way. The clips that are broken go through the body of the car and sit just below the window. When I try prize them up the clip hits the bottom of the window and doesn't allow the bit at the bottom that goes through the body to come out of the square hole. The clips on the actual belt line are not broken

·
Registered
363 Posts
I've had the same as you, just break the old clips out and the new ones pop in, once the clips are in just clip it to the belt line

·
Registered
1 Posts
The window is in the way. The clips that are broken go through the body of the car and sit just below the window. When I try prize them up the clip hits the bottom of the window and doesn't allow the bit at the bottom that goes through the body to come out of the square hole. The clips on the actual belt line are not broken
I have same problem window in way, how did u get clips out and new ones in as u say window in the way????

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
I have same problem window in way, how did u get clips out and new ones in as u say window in the way????
I've had the same as you, just break the old clips out and the new ones pop in, once the clips are in just clip it to the belt line
Maybe break them out as suggested..? I have a couple of broken ones too that I'd need to replace.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts