MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm looking for recommendations on racing series for entering a Mini Cooper S R53 in the UK. Doesn't have to be a Mini series necessarily.

I'm based on the South East but having googled for various search terms I'm struggling to find much that I'd be eligible for. Having looked at the Mini Championship regulations for next year it doesn't look as though my Mini will be eligible.

Any ideas or recommendations will be much appreciated.

Thanks
A

·
Rooster
5,349 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Cannons motor spares tin top challenge run by the BARC se region. Always a few R53,s out ex challenge cars like me :-0

·
Registered
160 Posts
There's also the 750 Motor Club's All Comers series.
As well as the series they also have once a year 6 hour relay race for teams of 4 or more cars, if any one fancies forming a Mini team.
i would recommend the MG Car club 4 hour at Snetterton 1st which is a fun race with less traffic as they limit it to tintops or MG's if you fancy a bit of endurance. there were 62 teams in the Birkett last year with 10 or so caterham-westfield thingy's teams which makes it very very busy. We have done it a few times and will likely field a MINI team alongside the usual team we put out.

If you are south east try SEMSEC your class will be difficult as you are SC but you will get a race.

Castle Combe saloons has a couple of MINI's out.

MSV track day trophy

Depending on what you are looking for you could come and race with us....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers guys, I went down a totally different route in the end, worked out far too costly to convert the Mini so it's boggo standard still (other than a remap) and up for sale as I recently acquired a rather nice Porsche 944 (ex-Porsche club) racing car that I'll be competing in later this season in the Classic Car Sports Club, Future Classic series.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In the CCSC? One of the organisers is a friend and he wouldn't have let me drive the Mini unless they made a one off invitation guest class but it seems a bit pointless to do that.

·
Registered
160 Posts
In the CCSC? One of the organisers is a friend and he wouldn't have let me drive the Mini unless they made a one off invitation guest class but it seems a bit pointless to do that.
Could have Been tongue in cheek offer but as I didn't pursue I don't know ( or was it deutche marks.....) we sometimes race on the same card as them and have got on well with them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think if it was any it would have been Deutche Marques as that would have been closest in terms of vehicle age but I'm fairly sure that the limit is late 90's, in any case the 944 will be great fun and although the Mini would have also been fun being front wheel drive it just doesn't drive quite so well.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Shame this thread is old, I also have an R53 and bought it just to race in the Deutsche Marque Cup run by Track Attack Race Club, this year is the first year, next year the rules will tighten up slightly, my aim is to be 700kg with 250bhp at the flywheel.

Looking at ripping my car up from January, however if I sell my BMW I'm getting itchy for a sprintex charger 750cc injectors a thumper head better throttle bodies and an airtec ic, may swap out the pistons rods bolts bearings etc Most important part will be brakes and suspension with mass weght saving first, should be fun!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts