MiniTorque.com banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Just washed the car and tried various things to try and get some more off. Booked the car in for some matte black stripes instead which should go well I think as the wheels are going to be that soon and the trim around the body is plastic so should blend nice …
Car Vehicle Automotive parking light Grille Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Car Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle

· Registered
11 Posts
My R58 stripes were like yours, Like tissue paper and even a toffee wheel wouldn't touch them. After trying everything from heat to even thinners I discovered that the best way to remove them was to use a plastic scraper blade and a wall paper steamer to remove the thick of it but dont over do the heat on the roof you just want to leave the adhesive behind then as you go get a car washing sponge with a bucket of soapy water and rub the adhesive it comes right off. Have the sponge well soaked. I used some wash & wax and once I found this method I did the whole car in a couple of hours. I had spent a full day just trying to get the bonnet stripped before this.

Gerry

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
My R58 stripes were like yours, Like tissue paper and even a toffee wheel wouldn't touch them. After trying everything from heat to even thinners I discovered that the best way to remove them was to use a plastic scraper blade and a wall paper steamer to remove the thick of it but dont over do the heat on the roof you just want to leave the adhesive behind then as you go get a car washing sponge with a bucket of soapy water and rub the adhesive it comes right off. Have the sponge well soaked. I used some wash & wax and once I found this method I did the whole car in a couple of hours. I had spent a full day just trying to get the bonnet stripped before this.

Gerry
Yeh I have just dropped the car off to have the stripes done .. didn’t think about a wall paper steamer! Good to know about that for next time .. spent a couple of hours doing the boot which was mad for such a small area ..

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I see Matt black wheels working personally, but have been known to be wrong, just ask the good lady…
Gloss black would work I think, but with those style of wheels, they need colour. Silver or gold could be spot on

View attachment 107132
Love the photoshopping there ! Thankyou..
“No, just no” was the response I got . So gloss black it is tomorrow then 😂

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.