MiniTorque.com banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Put a post up to see if anyone has a SPS switch local to you, then you can change the map back to standard yourself, and then revert back to the manic map to compare. Plugs into the OBDA port.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Put a post up to see if anyone has a SPS switch local to you, then you can change the map back to standard yourself, and then revert back to the manic map to compare. Plugs into the OBDA port.
Interesting - won't the SPS switch only work with REVO maps or specific to the ECU (i.e at the time the new map is flashed)? Or is it compatible also with Manic Motorsport maps / software?

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
868 Posts
Coming over to Derby? Unlucky :ROFLMAO:.
worth it for a 3 chefs naan bread and chips in Chad (Can’t have them now though I’m not a fatty boombatty!)

as it happened I just flew through with my train at 50mph

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
worth it for a 3 chefs naan bread and chips in Chad (Can’t have them now though I’m not a fatty boombatty!)

as it happened I just flew through with my train at 50mph
Chaddesen? Not far away at all - I live in Oakwood!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Interesting - won't the SPS switch only work with REVO maps or specific to the ECU (i.e at the time the new map is flashed)? Or is it compatible also with Manic Motorsport maps / software?
I know on my manic stage 2 with the switch I can revert to stock map, or a, b or c mode of the manic map.
Would have thought the stage one version was the same?

·
Registered
365 Posts
The SPS switch is a rebranded Revo switch. I had to buy a switch when I went with RPM because I needed to switch it back to a base stock map before I could write over it. I'd post you mine to borrow but the car is at MWUK for upgrades.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I recently had my car remapped by Lohen and I get that judder at around 4k too.
I also now get loads of super knock codes as per GC1980 said.
It's at a point if I put my foot down it will 100% knock, so I'm trying to get it sorted. Won't be going back to Lohen again.

·
Premium Member
Mini Cooper S R56 2007
33 Posts
It's at a point if I put my foot down it will 100% knock, so I'm trying to get it sorted. Won't be going back to Lohen again.
I'm glad I read this as I was thinking of using Lohen but think I'm going to use Evolves map, which I can get a device to return it to stock if needed.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Remove the map ASAP. And take it to another reputable tuning company. I had a remote tune from RPM after the engine grenaded and it cured the superknock and hesitation immediately. Don't waste timing running around in it like I did. It's really not worth waiting for it to go bang on.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
the thing there is that the super knock and hesitation as with the other cars here might actually have little to do with the map but potentially a bit to do with the existing condition of the motor, if these cars are using oil or already have carbon deposits in places (or both) the same could occur,

sure after a rebuild with a change of map at the same time can be a bit misleading, passively these symptom causing conditions will have been resolved, so how certain could anyone be that the map were a causal factor, and to what degree? Just sayin' ;O)

·
Registered
365 Posts
the thing there is that the super knock and hesitation as with the other cars here might actually have little to do with the map but potentially a bit to do with the existing condition of the motor, if these cars are using oil or already have carbon deposits in places (or both) the same could occur,

cure after a rebuild with a change of map at the same time can be a bit misleading, passively these symptom causing conditions will have been resolved, so how certain could anyone be that the map were a causal factor, and to what degree? Just sayin' ;O)
That's a possibility. But if I drive a car in working perfectly fine and after their map goes on I get hesitation and flat spots to which Jake said hmm not sure why that has happened. My logic says that's the only variable that changed.

Also post rebuild I still ran the manic map stage 2 until I could get an SPS switch to change it back to stock before the rpm map. Put the new map on and problem went. There are a bunch of people out there with engines destroyed from these maps. Sure there could be other variables at play but having been bitten it's an expensive outcome, one which isn't worth risking.

I'm not looking to offend you or other people's opinions just my findings. 😊👍

21 - 32 of 32 Posts