MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
New member here, but been here loads over the last year for everything I need to know for my mini.
I was wondering if some one could help me out with a question I have about the r56 s caliper upgrade for the r53.
I have everything I need other then pads and discs. I think I’ve decided on ferodo ds 1.11 pad and I’m led to believe the correct part No is fcp4080w?
Now when I search this part No on the internet it comes up that it’s for the r56 Cooper s, but also the r56 Cooper D?
So my question is seeing as all r56 calipers are the same and only the carriers change between the r56 and r56 s to allow the bigger disc does that mean any r56 pad will fit any r56 caliper?
Sorry if this is a silly question or has been answered before.
Thanks.

·
Registered
204 Posts
No as the R56S pads sit in the carrier, which is bigger on an S to compensate the 294mm discs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply mate.
I was half thinking this but wasn’t 100% sure.
I’ve emailed the seller about the pads, asking for dimensions if they have them, they clearly state fcp4080w which as I said I believe to be for the r56 Cooper S but then say Cooper D. They say trw/Lucas calipers and I have the trw’s.
Hoping it isn’t a misprint of some sort as they’re a lot cheaper then the ones advertised for the Cooper s.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts