MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody has any experience of turning off the overboost function in an R56? It adds 0.15 bar of boost to the base map depending how fast you press the throttle. It makes it a bit inconsistent and more difficult to map properly. I just want to set up my maximum boost pressure and know that it's not going to randomly put 0.15 bar on top of that when I'm driving around.

On a power run I'm hitting around 17psi boost but if I stamp on the throttle I'll hit 19psi. Anybody with any experience of this when remapping?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
157 Posts
Who remapped the car?

With the fjcw Manic Motorsport stage 2 map boost went up to ~21-23 psi.

Your best bet would be to ask the tuner who did your remap if it's possible and/or fix your boost level to a max of 17psi.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who remapped the car?

With the fjcw Manic Motorsport stage 2 map boost went up to ~21-23 psi.

Your best bet would be to ask the tuner who did your remap if it's possible and/or fix your boost level to a max of 17psi.
I'm in the process of mapping it with my friend Graham doing the changes to the tables. 21-23psi would make sense as it keeps it under the boost cut. If you go any higher than that then it backs the boost off to 7psi all the redline. I just want rid of the overboost function so I can simply map the boost I want to achieve without it adding 0.15 bar when it feels like it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
If you're hitting ~17-19 psi already then I think you've a tune on your car already, as I'm sure the standard boost level for both cooper s and fjcw don't go that high.

Try over at NAM as some tuners are still active there and maybe/hopefully answer your question.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you're hitting ~17-19 psi already then I think you've a tune on your car already, as I'm sure the standard boost level for both cooper s and fjcw don't go that high.

Try over at NAM as some tuners are still active there and maybe/hopefully answer your question.
Thanks for that. Do you mean North American Motoring? The tune is our own but it's a work in progress. We just started from scratch with a standard file. I think fuelling and boost is more or less there but I wanted to get rid of the annoying overboost function before I started dialing in more ignition advance.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Not sure if you've seen this old thread

This is also a good read, maybe another solution

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure if you've seen this old thread

This is also a good read, maybe another solution

Thanks for that. Hopefully we'll get it sussed but I suppose a stand alone boost controller could be used to get around it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts