MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i have bought a r57 jcw recently , i have read alot of threads and discussions about the oil catch can but still cant understand the most affective way to prevent oil burning (or at least reduce it) there are many oil catch cans which are comlicated including vaccum hoses as they are pretty expensive for a catch can , some say it does the same job as 2 oil catch can, i would appreciate your advices .. Thanks

·
Registered
144 Posts
Oil Catch can will not help prevent oil burning (if you're losing it, it's probably down to something else).

It will help the engine reduce the carbon build up.

Some good articles here

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oil Catch can will not help prevent oil burning (if you're losing it, it's probably down to something else).

It will help the engine reduce the carbon build up.

Some good articles here

if i use two simple oil catch cans (one on each side) will it be affective as the dual catch can that uses vaccum?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Same thing, dual catch can is when both cans are attached together to make install more tidy.

Don't buy and use the simple oil catch can, buy quality catch can and use the ones with proper internal baffles or try searching for the dual catch cans setup if you can and want to spend the money.

Two Chinese copys of Mishimoto oil catch can should work, something like this but without the kit

BMW 335I/335XI/135I Baffled Oil Catch Can, 2011-2013

Should be lots of catch can setups on this forum if you do a search.

Only the N14 engines needs the dual catch can setup unlike the N18.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts