MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 R56 Mini Cooper S
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading up about what can be done with the terrible oil Dipstick the R56 has as I've just had to fill my car up and it infuriated me.

I've seen the only real option is the cravenspeed for a different one but whilst looking I have come across the LCI version. It looks almost identical to the cravenspeed one. Would it work on my N14 pre LCI?

·
Registered
JCW N18
65 Posts
I ve got to Cravenspeed dipstick and you have to cut it...It can work in any motor just be sure you make it in the exact same length

·
Registered
296 Posts
I ordered an aftermarket dipstick for my pre LCI, and it turned out to be for a post LCI car, its longer, and apparently you can shorten it by removing a grub screw to remove the knob, and then cut down the flexible rod to suit.

Not bothered so far.

·
Registered
2008 R56 Mini Cooper S
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So after a bit more research and struggling with the Dipstick, I saw this online and I must say it makes it so much easier to read! I filed 2 sides flat and put some grooves in it and now it works so much better! I didn't really fancy spending £70 on the cravenspeed one and now I'm glad I didn't!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts