MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Starting this thread for my future project where I am planning on attempting to swap a k20 series engine into my white 2007 Mini One. This thread will contain the progress of the project aswell as any research that I find along the way. I am planning to start this project by February 2021 at the latest.

I have included some before photos of the car so I can look back on these once the project is hopefully completed to see how much the car has changed

Due to the fact I am not a mechanic by any sorts just a bit handy may God and luck be on my side as I try to attempt this 馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀
IMG_20200524_141532_330.jpg

Registered
For those of us that don't recognize engine numbers, would you please describe which of the k20 series you want --- cyl's, size, car mfg, planned upgrades, etc?

Premium Member
That鈥檚 honda power in English ....
Question is, do you go with the A, B, C or Z?

Then there's the K24, but do you go with the A, the Y or the Z (but not the W, natch)!

The K23 isn't even worth thinking about.

Premium Member
2006 R53
If I wasn't subscribed to pfi speed on YouTube I wouldn't have a clue what you're on about

Registered
You know, the k20, out of the EP3, the FN2 and the DC5... ;)
Question is, do you go with the A, B, C or Z?

Then there's the K24, but do you go with the A, the Y or the Z (but not the W, natch)!

The K23 isn't even worth thinking about.
Thank you Dave, for digging way down in the depths of your extensive knowledge and sharing it with us. Since this info appears to have similar value and accuracy as most of your other posts, I'll store it accordingly.

Thanks again for upping my knowledge base. Up yours ---

Reactions: Dave^

Premium Member
I'd fit a turbo'd R53 lump in there, probably less complex in terms of fabrication/adaption

Premium Member
Thank you Dave, for digging way down in the depths of your extensive knowledge and sharing it with us. Since this info appears to have similar value and accuracy as most of your other posts, I'll store it accordingly.

Thanks again for upping my knowledge base. Up yours ---
馃ぃ

1 - 17 of 17 Posts