MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something many have asked for over the last few years, I have finally recorded it. Now there is risk of damaging your headlights so only attempt this if you accept the risk:

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
978 Posts
I did mine without the oven part as I was worried about damaging my lights!

while still attached to the car (to keep it secure) I heated the adhesive with a hairdryer at the top of the light and used a trim removal tool to get the glass moving away from the plastic part, once it was moving as the adhesive softened i ran the hairdryer along the adhesive pulling it apart, putting it back together was the opposite, warmed up the adhesive and pushed it back together

·
Premium Member
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did mine without the oven part as I was worried about damaging my lights!

while still attached to the car (to keep it secure) I heated the adhesive with a hairdryer at the top of the light and used a trim removal tool to get the glass moving away from the plastic part, once it was moving as the adhesive softened i ran the hairdryer along the adhesive pulling it apart, putting it back together was the opposite, warmed up the adhesive and pushed it back together
Hi thanks for watching, that method you mentioned is very similar to how I had done it in the past. Thought it was worth trying the oven method and was pretty successful without any melting etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts