MiniTorque.com banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Basically I've got an 07 R56, I absolutely hate it, I've had nothing but problems with it since I got it. Fitted a decat pipe at the weekend and was loving it, took it out last night and now under hard acceleration it hiccups and pops out the exhaust like it would if I'd let off the throttle, it's not evident just pottering along, only under WOT, any suggestions on what this could be?
I am an experianced mechanic with 37 years experience. I had an r56 1.4 mini one in recently stuttering and banging from air intake when you floor the car basically wont rev up like fuel starvation. Only fault code stored was oxygen sensor before cat so replaced it and cleared the codemade no difference. Checked fuel pressure and all other usuallchecks including vanos settings breather pipe map sensor etc and everything seemed ok so decided to replace the map sensor and the car was exactly the same so substituted fuel pump and sender unit and made no difference.got my launch diagnostics set up on the system and checked every sensor readings throttle housing etc still no fault codes so by this time i was scratching my head.checked all the ecu voltages and everything first appeared normal until i reved the car and noticed that the voltage shot up to nearly 16 volts. replaced the alternator and everything was spot on.
the extra voltage was spiking the ecu causing the problem
hope this helps

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.