MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this and first mini purchased. I love the car but I have an intermittent fault. My son turned the stop start off, but every so often, when slowing down or stopped at junctions etc, the ref counter marker goes to zero and stalls, so I have to press the button to start it again. It did it as I was crossing a roundabout, so very frightening. Any ideas would be appreciated - Julie

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Test the battery with a multimeter would be my first port of call.
If you dont know how, Halfords do a free battery check.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Test the battery with a multimeter would be my first port of call.
If you dont know how, Halfords do a free battery check.
I work for the NHS so had a free ‘Health check’ with Halfords in December, he said the car was all good including the battery 🥴

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Hi Julie, it could be a number of things so it's not very easy to diagnose remotely. Common issues would be a clogged air or fuel filter, or maybe a crank angle sensor, VANOS solenoid or engine timing issue. An experienced mechanic would be able to diagnose it quite quickly I should think.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
I work for the NHS so had a free ‘Health check’ with Halfords in December, he said the car was all good including the battery 🥴
Get them to do another. Theyll plug it into a computer which will hopefully tell you the fault.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts