MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2006 R53 MINI COOPER S
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a quality widebody kit for a 06 Cooper S, I am not going to dump 6k on a liberty walk set up but would like something similar with good fitment.
Any suggestions ???
Links?

TY.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
If you really want a widebody kit and for it to look good, then it's going to cost you big. The kit firstly must be high quality and then fitting and paint will be very expensive. Then you need to fill the arches with new wheels. The suspension will need properly adjusting or replacing (just fitting larger spacers will do nothing for the way the car drives).

Widebody kits are probably the most expensive thing you can fit to any car.

Spend a fortune and then you are left with a car worth probably less (with very few mega money exceptions) than it was before you started.

Better to pay out for quality suspension, brake and engine mods whilst keeping the standard body in good condition.

·
Registered
575 Posts
If you really want a widebody kit and for it to look good, then it's going to cost you big. The kit firstly must be high quality and then fitting and paint will be very expensive. Then you need to fill the arches with new wheels. The suspension will need properly adjusting or replacing (just fitting larger spacers will do nothing for the way the car drives).

Widebody kits are probably the most expensive thing you can fit to any car.

Spend a fortune and then you are left with a car worth probably less (with very few mega money exceptions) than it was before you started.

Better to pay out for quality suspension, brake and engine mods whilst keeping the standard body in good condition.
That’s not how Lepu does it and it’s not going to get you in MaxPower!

·
Registered
2006 R53 MINI COOPER S
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I plan on doing all the top mods 17% pully better brakes, coilovers but not slammed ,nice rims tires to match and the airbox , injectors , ignition intercooler and so on as time progresses. I just found an 06 Cooper S I may be getting this week and it only has 40 k with the sunroof and it is loaded. Hate the chili red color but someday. This will be my daily driver.
The pick below is just inspiration I like the look of it, but like I said it will have the goodies but this is a good virgin foundation to start from to do as I like, as I want this to be my last car. And have it the way I would like it to be "Show with Go" but not not seeking warp speed and popcorn coming out the back end of it and slamming it on the ants. Not so much of a kit per say but wide fender look . Still seeing ideas though. "Build your Dream and Drive it !! " Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Tire

·
Premium Member
2005 R53, 2005 R53 lightweight, 2008 R55S, 2012 R58FJCW, 2014 R60SD All4, 1996 Mini Cooper 35SE.
6,637 Posts
maybe take a look at GP Garage.it if you haven't already, simpler arches but still different

Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Reactions: Docs MINI
1 - 14 of 14 Posts