MiniTorque.com banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,601 Posts
This ^^^^^ is the route of all evils when it comes to fuel delivery problems in high boost applications

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hi all, ever since owning the car it takes a good 5 or more seconds to start.
Sometimes i turn the key on a cold morning and it catches straight away, other times it takes a second or two but more often than not takes about 5 or so seconds to start.
1320 checked my car for codes, to see if it was the cam sensor, which it showed none.
I have tried letting it prime first and not letting it prime before turning the key, neither seemed to make a difference.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Could it be fuel pump? fuel pressure regulating pipe? maybe perhaps just a shot starter motor?
Its also recently had a 17% pulley fitted with colder running NGK plugs, this has made no difference at all with starting, not made it worse nor better
any ideas are appreciated
Hi all, ever since owning the car it takes a good 5 or more seconds to start.
Sometimes i turn the key on a cold morning and it catches straight away, other times it takes a second or two but more often than not takes about 5 or so seconds to start.
1320 checked my car for codes, to see if it was the cam sensor, which it showed none.
I have tried letting it prime first and not letting it prime before turning the key, neither seemed to make a difference.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Could it be fuel pump? fuel pressure regulating pipe? maybe perhaps just a shot starter motor?
Its also recently had a 17% pulley fitted with colder running NGK plugs, this has made no difference at all with starting, not made it worse nor better
any ideas are appreciated
Been having starting issues for the past few months...sometimes would start right up...still a little rough...other times would have to turn the car off then try again. Was getting P300-301 codes...misfire. Clear codes and take off. Car would run great on the road. Decided to replace the coil...went with a Scremin Demon coil. Seemed to help for a minute. Rough starting started again. Checked plugs....finally a couple of weeks ago car would even start. Ordered an OEM coil and plug wires....even replaced the battery.....no help. Decided to check the plugs again....found gas floating on top of #1 and #2! Got four new injectors....I use 550’s. Had my mechanic replace all 4 and change the oil. Car starts and runs like new! He cleared all adaptations also.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts