MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TVS 900 & Coolerworx Shifter install over the last few weeks.

Everything went rather smooth. Shifter needed a few adjustments. This certainly completes the driving experience. The TVS 900 is a great upgrade so far and I’m so glad to be done with the M45/Mechanical Water Pump setup. The next issue I need to work out involves the TMAP sensor. Since I’m running a 60mm pulley, boost hits 17.8psi and ends up triggering the CEL displaying code P0108 – Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit High Input. After reviewing the service manual I found that once TMAP to ECM input voltage reaches a threshold of 4.89volts or higher, you hit fuel cut and the CEL is triggered. I then spoke with Jan at RMW discussing two options: I could upgrade the cam which would lower PSI slightly below threshold due to increased airflow or use a split second voltage clamp. I decided to go with the VC3-100 voltage clamp. For those that don’t know, the split second voltage clamp wires into the TMAP sensor wiring and will not allow TMAP to ECM input voltage to exceed 4.80volts (factory setting) thus saving me from fuel cut and CEL’s so I thought...

Split Second Voltage Clamp VC3-100 Install:

I’ve completed the installation and if I shift no later than 6000rpm I won't trigger a CEL. Boost currently reads 16.4psi until I exceed 6000rpm. From 6-7000rpm I get a spike to 17.8psi triggering the CEL. I want to adjust the voltage clamp lower but I'm noticing that its starting to affect my tune as the A/F ratio is leaning out towards the top end. I've had my eye on a GRS front mount intercooler for some time now and spoke with Graham on pricing late last year. I was hesitant to buy one before I went down the TVS route and I'm thinking that with the FMIC installed it could lower boost levels to where I won't trigger the CEL anymore. If I still get a CEL, hopefully small adjustments will be needed on the voltage clamp to get me by until I can go the BVH route. IAT's with the TVS are already far better than the M45 including faster recovery. If I add a FMIC to the equation, temps should be lower with even faster recovery, right? I'm looking to order the GRS FMIC within the next week. If all goes to plan I'll make sure to take temperature readings with the stock IC vs the GRS FMIC and post those results up along with pictures of install etc.

If interested in installing the voltage clamp, you will have to review the service manual for splicing into the correct TMAP sensor wiring. Check out the pictures to see my installation. I wrote what each wire’s function is coming off the TMAP sensor connector in one of the pictures. Below is a link to the product and instructional video. I've heard stories of folks running a 17%+ pulley on the M45 which would trigger code P0108 at times.

https://splitsec.com/product/vc3-100-voltage-clamp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coZVHLkzM7I

My current engine mods:
  • TVS900 - 60mm Pulley
  • Detroit Tuned Bypass Valve
  • DDM Works CAI
  • One Step Colder Spark Plugs
  • 450cc Injectors
  • RMW Shorty Header
  • Milltek Resonated Mid-pipe
  • Custom Center Exit w/ Vibrant Muffler
Facebook.jpg
Facebook (1).jpg
Facebook (2).jpg
Facebook (3).jpg
Facebook (4).jpg
Facebook (5).jpg
Facebook (7).jpg
Facebook (8).jpg
Facebook (9).jpg

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Before going any further, waiting for a status on RMW's FMIC/Radiator kit first. I'll update asap.
94188649_10222849393172240_2410895267868966912_n.jpg

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ordered the GRS FMIC. It should be here second half of July. For now, I'll install a catch can and post TMIC/FMIC results when everything arrives.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts