MiniTorque.com banner
121 - 140 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Yes, I left it several seconds before trying to turn the car over. It did seem a bit better firing up.
Cars going in for the rocker cover gasket Friday, I’ll ask them to check injectors while the intercooler is off and if they can do a pressure check

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Possibly.

When you say " I turned the ignition on, but left turning it over for longer than usual " do you mean you didn't turn it over until a few seconds had passed?

Another possibility is that you have a leaky injector or passing check valve in the fuel line so that they pump needs a few seconds to fill the line & get it up to pressure.

An additional test if that was better would be to get the pressure checked to see if it decays when the engine is off.
So today the starting seemed slightly better when leaving it 10 seconds or so after switching the ignition on.
Hopefully it’s not the fuel pump, looking at the price of a replacement!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Automotive tire Gas Machine Circle Rim

Gas Pliers Composite material Machine Concrete

Seems to be better following a 20-30 second count before starting, and as there’s no smell of fuel, I’m guessing not injectors but the pump

Looked at a couple of 2nd hand ones and forgive my ignorance on this, but is there a better one to get (with a plan to replace with new later) as they both are listed at R53 models but RealOEM part number isn’t on either and some for sale seem to be sided which I thought odd as surely they’d all be the same?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
That’s what I thought, the (UK) NS of the car is the pump and the OS one is the filter. But searches just show “pump” and right hand or left hand. I’d assume I get the left hand but the 2 above look very different

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Rocker cover gaskets and spark plug seals done today, oil and filter change too. Massive difference noticed in the car, but no change to the first time starting, so will source a pump and deal with that

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
Haven’t got round to getting a new pump, however, having run the car down on fuel to below the red light for the needle, refuelled this morning and it’s firing up on the button twice since. Hopefully that’s the cure

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
I’m in need of some tyres soon, 17” Bullets fitted.

Currently the ones fitted are 205/45R17 and wondered what what width I can go to without messing the turning or rubbing the wheel arches inside?

thanks

·
Premium Member
2005 R53, 2005 R53 lightweight, 2008 R55S, 2012 R58FJCW, 2014 R60SD All4, 1996 Mini Cooper 35SE.
6,637 Posts
215/45

Reactions: Chalky13

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 · (Edited)
I also need to replace this hose arrowed as it’s split from the intake at the front panel. Is that available in silicon like the main air box intake?
Looking at RealOEM I can’t find that hose. I replaced the main intake hose to the filter itself last year, but finding this hose that feeds to the air box isn’t happening

Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
2005 R53, 2005 R53 lightweight, 2008 R55S, 2012 R58FJCW, 2014 R60SD All4, 1996 Mini Cooper 35SE.
6,637 Posts
Appears that I may not need that hose, so I could just blank off the intake scoop and bin the hose off
cold air is cold air, keep it

Reactions: Chalky13
121 - 140 of 150 Posts