MiniTorque.com banner
81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 R53, 2005 R53 lightweight, 2008 R55S, 2012 R58FJCW, 2014 R60SD All4, 1996 Mini Cooper 35SE.
6,316 Posts
plug considerations fwiw
stock/mild cam FR78, BKR6EQUP or FGR7DQP+, mild cam/pulley BKR7EQUP or FGR5KQEO, advanced FGR5KQEO or DOR12LGS

naturally others work, note the above 'all' are fours, best plug style for these motors imo. Cheapest are the BCR8ES (think that's the fella's) that 1320 use, singles, copper, two steps down, affordable to swap bi-annually

form your own opinion on Iridium, personally now I won't touch them, or other NGK plugs generally other than the OEM use EQUP's, that's just me though ;O)

Reactions: Chalky13

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Replacement horn finally fitted Sunday with some decent weather again, nice easy job, and fitted so the horn isn’t facing up to catch any rain water like the previous one was 🙄
Left hand is the old one..
Wood Gas Auto part Metal Hand tool

Also, NS Xenon headlight packed up. Went for the cheapest option, replacement bulb (tenner off fleabay after reading comments on here) and still not working. Swapped the box off the back of the bulb with the OS, still nothing, so then swapped the ballast pack. Boom, sorted. So least I’ve tracked down the issue, replacement ordered and a pair of bulbs as back up now

Font Circuit component Electronics accessory Fashion accessory Transparency

As an aside, does anyone know the thread of the bolts for this as the ones on both headlamp and rusty as hell, thinking of replacing a lot of the bolts on this sort of thing and the bumpers etc

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Another day of fiddling and inspired by Seans engine bay clean, had a little start on ours..

Car Vehicle Grille Hood Automotive lighting

Car Vehicle Grille Hood Light

Car Grille Vehicle Hood Light

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior

Road surface Wood Brick Asphalt Brickwork

some oil around the horn, and rocker cover bolts heavily rusted!

Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Grille Motor vehicle

Painted the strut brace as the Ramair sticker had always struck me as naff.. also painted the front edge of the intercooler diverter, to give a flash of blue through the intake now

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I've really enjoyed reading through your posts. Recently brought myself a MCS 2005, 1 owner of pepper white and no mods, im in love with it. I want to do a few of the things you have done. Could I ask what products you used on the gear linkage? Also, have you any updated pics on yours? 😊

81 - 89 of 89 Posts