MiniTorque.com banner
61 - 80 of 89 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
So I did the Bimmerwork check on the VIN and got this back. Anything unusual or worth having there? We鈥檝e only got the 2 spoke steering wheel and no AC which seemed odd for hot climate pack 馃槀

Font Screenshot Darkness Terrestrial plant Number

Registered
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
You could try here...

Thanks cant find the long air intake hose though, but got the air filter induction hose, cheers

Registered
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Plus, no wonder the car horn sounds so shite, just noticed today it鈥檚 only got 1 tone horn. 馃檮
Unsure if that鈥檚 deliberate or from a previous bump

Hood Grille Automotive tire Motor vehicle Blue

Registered
Pretty sure drivers side should have the horn pointing down. It wouldnt surprise me if it has either got water in it or its a passenger side one made to fit (assuming they are different - not 100% if they are different)

Should look like this:
Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

Registered
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Pretty sure drivers side should have the horn pointing down. It wouldnt surprise me if it has either got water in it or its a passenger side one made to fit (assuming they are different - not 100% if they are different)

Should look like this: View attachment 106569
Thanks, yeah it鈥檚 dead, power to it, so I鈥檒l get the right one. I did wonder when I looked, why it鈥檚 pointing up, that鈥檚 asking to fill with water and get knackered.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Automotive tire Road surface Brick Wall Brickwork

Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Manhole cover Plumbing

Automotive tire Bumper Asphalt Road surface Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Tread Tire

Got the car up on stands today, wanted to paint the calipers initially, but decided to do the rear pads and discs. Turns out the ones on there were utterly fucked!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Battled away with those buggers, and looks like the NSR will need replacing soon anyway. Was planning on the R56 S fronts so might as well get all 4 gone.
Not perfect with the painting in the end, but looks effective I think.

Toy Automotive tire Art Safety glove Working animal

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Locking hubs

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle brake Tread

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Locking hubs Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Motor vehicle

Registered
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
And finished off with the side scuttles painted and colour coded. Obviously, now the wheel centres, bonnet grille S and tailgate S need to be blue as well, apparently鈥!! 馃檮

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle

Hood Automotive lighting Product Automotive design Motor vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Sky Vehicle

Registered
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Started trying the heat gun trick on the arches, as don鈥檛 want to paint these ones.
Took around 10 mins for the back arch, seems to work as before and after, so that a work in progress!

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Rim Gas

Registered
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Most cosmetic things done now (new beltline ordered as the old one is peeling in 2 places and the previous owner tried to glue it 馃檮)

Pretty much all mechanicals done, apart from cam cover gasket and service to do.
Which on that theme, I鈥檝e sourced some 8mm leads from Mr Retroleads who I鈥檝e used before, but the choice of plugs is a minefield.

The cars mostly used for shorter journeys weekly and maybe a longer blast at weekends. Any suggestions? Thanks

61 - 80 of 89 Posts