MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone ,

Just getting everything ready to switch over the engine tomorrow in my r53 and have been having problems getting the oil water pipe off when trying to do it I have put I small hole in it. Has anyone replaced them with just normal automotive rubber pipe or do I need to use the formed ones. If I can use any automotive cooler hose does any one know the diameter so I can get some.

Thanks

Alex

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
I'd just use the correct pipes, I've seen several with random piping bits used and they all leak easily for one reason or another, used ones will be ~£7 each, easy to find, I might even have one, which is it? I can have a look in the morning.

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,418 Posts
If I remember rightly, not only are those pipes a stupid shape. They are also different sizes at each end. You are on about the ones which attach the heat exchanger to the metal transfer pipes?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, it has ended up with me needing both. They seem to have stuck to the metal pipe so I have had to cut them off I am having a look on Ebay but so far the only ones I can find are £16 for one and £14 for the other which seems quite high.

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
although it may seem counter intuitive, and a bit late now, one way to help get them off is typically to push them further on as rotated, alternatively a small screwdriver to lift one area while spraying wd or similar beneath. Pretty sure I have these hoses to the pipes somewhere.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did try most of the way of removing them but found when I cut them off they where stuck to the point I had to scrape off parts of the rubber stuck on the metal pipe. If you have got any how much do you want for them. Thanks Alex

1 - 7 of 7 Posts