MiniTorque.com banner

121 - 140 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
still trying to polish a turd?

GET THE G4+
last few days to get it for $1200 shipped anywhere in the world............. $1295 on April 1st

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,645 Posts
Haha, I knew you'd turn up ;O)

Thanks, I can't open mine at all.

Reactions: citro

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the info!
Looks like this software is able to read the majority of useful maps from the ECU.
My only concern is what does the "FA53 loading in the ECU" really does? Is this a sort of modded software that is replacing the original software? Anyway that's impressive stuff but I wouldn't buy it before knowing the modifications made on the software, and how they bypass security to do that

·
Premium Member
4,645 Posts
don't think they'll ever tell you how they bypass that, I thought it replaced it, I know nobody can get into it other than with the FA Miniport and PC FA software, and you can't get on the FA forum without that and the serial number, no main dealer intervention so no 'flash' back to OEM,

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,407 Posts
don't think they'll ever tell you how they bypass that, I thought it replaced it, I know nobody can get into it other than with the FA Miniport and PC FA software, and you can't get on the FA forum without that and the serial number, no main dealer intervention so no 'flash' back to OEM,
Being unable to suss out FA on its support forum was one of the factors that contributed to me going standalone. That, and being ignored by 1320 when I emailed them for an up to date price

·
Premium Member
1,894 Posts
The Bytetronik forum is a joke. There's about 2 active users, and I'm one of them. Search doesn't work, and the sub-forums are highly disorganized. There is some good info there, and if you find some you better write it down as you probably won't find it again... They rarely answer support request through their forum anyway. Better contact them by email if you need support.

The loading to ECU part probably replaces some code in the ECU, as it also enables more detailed logging than what you get from OBD2 readers. And it pairs the Miniport device to the ECU so it can't be used to flash any other ECU. Not sure if that info is written to the ECU or to Miniport. Maybe to both.

·
Premium Member
4,645 Posts
Yeah, I keep forgetting the forum is there, I reset my password this morning and saw you were the only recent poster, I need to ask if someone else has this problem of not being able to open it in Win10, starting to piss me off.

·
Premium Member
4,645 Posts
Being unable to suss out FA on its support forum was one of the factors that contributed to me going standalone. That, and being ignored by 1320 when I emailed them for an up to date price
Where did you put your EMU?

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Yeah, I keep forgetting the forum is there, I reset my password this morning and saw you were the only recent poster, I need to ask if someone else has this problem of not being able to open it in Win10, starting to piss me off.
Sean, that happened to me as well. IIRC, what I had to do was uninstall the FAfrom my computer and install their latest version. See if you can solve your problem that way. Here is the link for download:

https://www.bytetronik.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/FA53-v4838-complete.rar

If you already have the latest version, then it beats me, and I think you better contact them via e-mail, as JKo suggested.

Regarding ByteTronik, as far as my understanding of the system goes, it works as a "decoder/cracker" for the ECU, presenting you data in a user friendly fashion, rather than hexadecimal code. A little like writing code in html, as opposed to just doing the modifications on a website via a plugin or a custom template. They both work and do the same, the latter is just way simpler to deal with.

121 - 140 of 142 Posts