MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
R53 modified 210 jcw, for fun obviously and the odd trackday , check my pics typical 17% pulley and intercooler and poly bushed front end with meister r coil overs and 205 40 17 yoki prada spec2 and r56 aluminium powder coated rear axle and adjustable arms, all done properly, but with camber caster and corner weighting done by a local garage to London heathrow, I am pretty sure I can get better handling from the car, its not slow or snatchy but mid corner it feels very bouncy and squirmy it can be controlled with under/over steer but you don't seem to be able to put the car exactly where u want it in a corner and I have to back off or run wide, is this poor geometry, shock set up, or a characteristic of a yoki prada spec 2 as although they are a road tyre/ track tyre they are chunky slick a bit like an intermediate race tyre in my opinion, any one with experience of this or who should I use as no one is local, everyone is one hour plus and who is best, and I am going castle combe action day again, so its got to be right

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,748 Posts
If it's bouncing about you might want to look at your damping rate. Out if interest what tyre pressures are you running? I use 33 front and 31 back with the same spec tyres

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi, cheers for the reply, road 34 because it only gets short runs and I wanted to keep the tyre wearing flat and in good condition,,,,,,but 30 front and rear on any track /trackday, not that they are the easiest shocks to adjust on the rear, but a couple of people including me have done a mot type bounce check and the car seem s fine and drives fine unless it being driven hard

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,748 Posts
Sounds like your tyres are a tad hard at the back and you need to lose some damping and add a bit of preload to your springs

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok ta, sounds like a combination of bits so will have to play, last thing the mini sits low but pretty level some people say about the back being higher so it has a forward stance, is this the case so the back is higher and softer than the front, who is the best at suspension set up

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
If it's bouncing the dampers are set too hard or the pre load on the springs is too soft, mine was bouncing a little on the front with my meisters so I added another 10-15mm of preload and now it's sweet, same tyres but different size 215/35/18.

My dampers are set to 17 on the front and 15 on the rear (from soft)

You can have the best person in the world set your car up but if it doesn't suit your driving style it won't work for you, have a play around and see what happens, it well worth spending a day trying different settings to get it right.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the info, think my rebound is about the same as yours will try a bit of preload adjustment and then a general play, are you running any poly bushes, did u ever get your car corner weighted, I have not and did not want to poly bush my rear end, and I have all std antiroll bars so I am guessing I will be told to change those next

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I have standard bushes, anti roll bars and drop links, literally just set springs and dampers and then had it all tracked up and front camber set

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no prob will start changing settings etc, did u use lohen as u are up that way or just a local garage etc for your camber etc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts