MiniTorque.com banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
No problemo. If you need any other pointers just shout up [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Thanks. For my next engine mod, what do you recommend is better. Water/Meth or Catcam? I track the car about once a month if not twice.

I have 15%, Hobo CAI, 380cc but already ordered 550cc, Single catback, Bytetronik. I know the water/meth will protect my engine and preserve my power due to colder air while the cam will give me more power. So while it will not increase my power, I will not lose what i already have. I'm very happy with the power during the winter, but in summer, the car is different. I don't plan to tune with meth, I plan to simply use it for cooling.

I reckon it's best I go with the water injection first as I can always upgrade the cam later. But if I go with cams first, while I get the power, its more dangerous for the engine. Plus, is the power that big for me to prioritize it over water/meth?

What are your thoughts?

fwiw the pulley is what is causing you an issue more than a cam would be, the cam doesn't add intake heat, a pulley does, so adding a cam now isn't dangerous for the engine, you already have that concern.... it would make better use of the air though.

fwiw the pulley is what is causing you an issue more than a cam would be, the cam doesn't add intake heat, a pulley does, so adding a cam now isn't dangerous for the engine, you already have that concern.... it would make better use of the air though.
So are you saying that if I were to pick one modification to do first, I should do the cam first? And then do the meth in the summer when it gets warmer and when funds allow?

I would lob in cam and pulley at the same time, also there's no reason not to run an upgraded intercooler as well as meth (other than cost)

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
ok, unfortunately my catcam order got cancelled. I’ll probably go with RMW/Newman ph3/4.

Question about meth:I plan to run only one injector fitted after the intercooler. I’ve see people do it on the outside of the horn. I would prefer it to be hidden. Can I do it on the inside for a stealth/concealed look?

PH3/4 in a stock head? Too much cam for it imo.

you won't need 550's with the 1/2, the 2 will be great (Dominator) also in the stock head and still might not need them but depends on other things, they can be scaled anyway so no reason not to use them fwiw. There are three fast road cams for the stock or JCW head, mildly or modestly ported that will work well, the Catcam 1302469, the PH2, and my EW02, the Newman is the cheapest. Much depends on your expected use. I would fit a manifold which will complement any cam version. The 1/2 is a great cam working from lower down just not to the extent of the 2 up top, it's a mild cam, likewise the Catcam 1302461 which is also nice, or Schrick perhaps, Nitrostick NS1, someone may say different which is fine. If you were going for the Catcam 1302469 the PH1/2 will be some way off it's potential, so to get you closer use one of the others imo unless you don't need a 7k peak to chase?

you won't need 550's with the 1/2, the 2 will be great (Dominator) also in the stock head and still might not need them but depends on other things, they can be scaled anyway so no reason not to use them fwiw. There are three fast road cams for the stock or JCW head, mildly or modestly ported that will work well, the Catcam 1302469, the PH2, and my EW02, the Newman is the cheapest. Much depends on your expected use. I would fit a manifold which will complement any cam version. The 1/2 is a great cam working from lower down just not to the extent of the 2 up top, it's a mild cam, likewise the Catcam 1302461 which is also nice, or Schrick perhaps, Nitrostick NS1, someone may say different which is fine. If you were going for the Catcam 1302469 the PH1/2 will be some way off it's potential, so to get you closer use one of the others imo unless you don't need a 7k peak to chase?
I’ll be using the car on the track. I don’t feel the car is underpowered by all means. I just hope to get a littlw more push between 3-7k rpms. It would be nice to be able to hold gears longer at the track without needing to shift up or down because of the power band.

I don’t care much about lower rpm power as I don’t drive the car much around the town or in traffic. Only when getting groceries 2-3miles away and I have a commuter for work.

Is the dominator better for what I’m after? Do larger intercoolers really help? And would it be needed if i plan to fit a meth kit?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.