MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering selling my 06 JCW as its not getting used much, literally garaged most of the year and out for an MOT and a few local drives in the Summer months.
So looking at classified it seems prices are strong, obviously the market is inflated atm, are these actually selling for 7-9k?

·
Registered
2003, R53 230bhp.
56 Posts
All depends on condition, service history etc.

Personally, yes, depending on those factors you could achieve something in that range if its " on its toes". Rareity has a premium attached to it and if its been well looked after, more power to your elbow.

·
Registered
925 Posts
This one needs to be made of gold for this price:

2006 MINI HATCHBACK 1.6 John Cooper S Works 210BHP 48000 Miles R53 JCW Carbon GP | eBay

Someone may buy it, but this line gives the game away:

"A truly unrivalled example and fast appreciating modern classic that offers fantastic value for money at this price point in comparison to the GP. "

There is no guarantee in investing in cars and the writer of that statement has no qualification or insight to do so. The only true bit is that it is not a GP, so why ask near GP prices?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This one needs to be made of gold for this price:

2006 MINI HATCHBACK 1.6 John Cooper S Works 210BHP 48000 Miles R53 JCW Carbon GP | eBay

Someone may buy it, but this line gives the game away:

"A truly unrivalled example and fast appreciating modern classic that offers fantastic value for money at this price point in comparison to the GP. "

There is no guarantee in investing in cars and the writer of that statement has no qualification or insight to do so. The only true bit is that it is not a GP, so why ask near GP prices?
Have you seen GP prices? I remember looking at them when I bought my JCW four years ago, around 10k for a decent one. Now almost double!!
That does look nice but can't see an auto ever being collectable

·
Premium Member
2005 R53, 2005 R53 lightweight, 2008 R55S, 2012 R58FJCW, 2014 R60SD All4, 1996 Mini Cooper 35SE.
6,316 Posts
the auto was auctioned last week or so for 5 something iirc

·
Registered
925 Posts
Have you seen GP prices? I remember looking at them when I bought my JCW four years ago, around 10k for a decent one. Now almost double!!
That does look nice but can't see an auto ever being collectable
Like a lot of halo cars the GP is currently in a price bubble, that is now looking like it will burst as people have spent their covid savings and/or have cost of living fears.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts