MiniTorque.com banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wouldn’t a vacuum leak be consistent? This is intermittent and is in sync with when the breather is activated.

Planning on lifting the mini tonight (it’s 7:30am here in Darwin, Australia) to get a look at the vapour canister and hose between.

Great to get interest straight away!

Will keep people posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,480 Posts
It's not a fault, it's fumes from the tank being released into the intake by the evap solenoid. The warmer the weather, the more frequent it'll be

·
Registered
4 Posts
And I’m in Darwin, 35 degrees C at 85% humidity.

I removed the rear drivers side wheel and arch to inspect the vapor canister - from what I can see;

- no damage or blocked hoses
- canister is dry and not blocked
- definite signs of fuel spills in the past but all dry dust now.

I ran the car with the canister disconnected - breather kicked in and I could feel the suction at the canister end of the hose. Plugged it briefly and not leak could be found... I connected the breather but removed the fuel line and the suction through the canister was there, seemed fine...

Might be worth a new vapour canister since signs of fuel spillage exists but still unsure of the idle surge... is it a MAP issue when the vapor enters the intake?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,480 Posts
Pretty much, and of course the vapours are flammable. If the system was compromised itd throw a fault code

·
Administrator
17,320 Posts
Not yet I’m going to try that first see if it stops the chugging
They're a cheap fix, I always changed mine when bought I new MINI as they're known for going out at random times.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just had a quick look about there seems to be a “t map sensor” or a “map sensor”. I’m assuming it would just be a map sensor, or did you replace both?

·
#R53orGTFO
348 Posts
Mine doesn't do it anymore after I stopped filling the tank up to the top. Someone suggested that in another thread. Sounded silly but after filling couple of times until the first "click", idle problem is gone :confused1:

21 - 40 of 43 Posts