MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, wanted to share an upgrade that I have done a few times to friends mini’s who need extra cooling power in the hot Florida summers. It’s a simple mod first find a r56 fan motor, to save them money I use a good Motor with blades that the resistor is blown then I take it drill new holes and attach it to the stock R53 fan shroud.
The R56 fan motor is bigger and more powerful =more CFM

The flow is higher and very noticeable difference specially with front mounted intercooler. See below:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
None that I know of,the only thing you are doing is taking the blade off the R56 motor set up before installing them reinstall it into the r53 shroud with washers as spacer to move the motor and putting it back on, since you have to install the motor first then attach the blade. The r56 motor is taller with more power than the R53 one but the motor tabs are at the same height just need to center it on the shroud and add new bolt holes.

Side note; I did this because too many bring me cheap Chinese replacement fan that do not last, I find that the original R56 fan do better and last longer over the aftermarket ones for the R53.

Also you can make flow even better by making a new fan shroud and adding the new R56 replacement fan set that sell without the R56 shroud. You can by the new one with or with the resistor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts