MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for a well screwed (together as opposed to up), GP1 that’s had consistent service and maintenance. There are too few examples out on the road and too many neglected ones.
Happy to consider standard as well as intelligently modified versions. The main proviso being excellent mechanical condition with invoices to catalogue what’s been done.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
I don't think so, plenty have been adorned with the same 'upgrades' as stock S's and can be owned or driven by people just as talented at ignoring problems as they are on any other car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately not. BMW Mini parts and servicing costs seem to catch many owners by surprise. Mini’s are not the most accessible for mechanical work and so labour charges mean that many owners either can’t afford or choose not to pay for maintenance. Clutch release bearing failure, chain tensioner play and supercharger overhaul are all examples of expensive jobs that add £0 to vehicle value. Whereas larger injectors, bigger intercooler and sports exhausts have pulling power aplenty until the drivetrain issues show up. Time to sell then is the all too often next move....🙄

·
Registered
58 Posts

there you go.....not mine, no idea about it, but looks good enough to view.

·
Registered
58 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
10 previous owners and whilst good upgrades and detailing, there are known clutch issues unresolved from hill climbing (?) that point to pass the parcel economics at play.

·
Registered
58 Posts
10 previous owners and whilst good upgrades and detailing, there are known clutch issues unresolved from hill climbing (?) that point to pass the parcel economics at play.
Oh dear, remember these cars are 14 years old. If you want a hardly used one with minimal owners you’ll pay a premium for it, so much so using it will cost you dearly in depreciation.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mine is for sale. 60k miles, several owners, but full service history and new supercharger and water pump at 40k ish. I'm looking for £10950 ono. I'm Herts near J17/M25

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
10 owners isn't good for the age, and some of them trade? I'm trade, my cars or bikes I register to me, the others I don't, they stay on the yellow slip and MID so that looks like bollocks, you could never verify. Upgrades aren't good, Alta air filter? Anyone taking out a JCW210 style air cleaner for something like that hasn't a clue, I wouldn't waste my fuel to go see if it's better than I suspect, 8k at best.

where do you get clutch problems and hill climbs from?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts