1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

R53 gearbox wanted working order can be Pre or post FL

Thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have a pree facelift one, brought from lkspares in harlow for 400 when i was told mine had gone, have a piece of paper from lk saying box has less than 50k on it, was looking for 300

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
no worse than post imo

Reactions: kaiburdett03

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
haha, they're a solid box the Getrag 6 really, 'if' looked after, obviously left leaking they'll suffer, just as they would from abuse, getting on now aren't they, the selector shaft bearings can tire, some have had synchro wear, plenty have broken slave cylinder lower mounts as they're low/front, also some with input shaft bearing wear, these are all few and far between but I remember seeing posts. I have one here that failed due to lack of oil due to a shaft seal leak, another here with a broken selector shaft fitting for 5th/6th gear, also a fractured selector fork but that might have been consequential.

were yours Midland or Getrag?

Reactions: kaiburdett03

·
Registered
3 Posts
haha, they're a solid box the Getrag 6 really, 'if' looked after, obviously left leaking they'll suffer, just as they would from abuse, getting on now aren't they, the selector shaft bearings can tire, some have had synchro wear, plenty have broken slave cylinder lower mounts as they're low/front, also some with input shaft bearing wear, these are all few and far between but I remember seeing posts. I have one here that failed due to lack of oil due to a shaft seal leak, another here with a broken selector shaft fitting for 5th/6th gear, also a fractured selector fork but that might have been consequential.

were yours Midland or Getrag?
My two 5 speed were midlands 😂 they don't take any abuse lol. Is the BKD box getrag?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts