MiniTorque.com banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
These +200 make me wonder what they go like, as the wife’s is at 200 and goes like a scolded rat
Well I haven’t even driven mine really since it’s engine rebuild, brakes and suspension finally being sorted now though, so I can’t wait to find out! Previous R53 was at 212 and that was quick enough. I’m sure this will be great.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Decent gains there. Makes me want to try a different cam in mine. Mine is running a 13.2% pulley but has a BVH too and mine made 238. Would be nice to be making a little more.
What cam do you have now? I think with the big valve head and a catcam you'll be gaining loads.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
What cam do you have now? I think with the big valve head and a catcam you'll be gaining loads.
Newman 272/400 PH3/4. I have Supertech Beehive Valve Springs too so I can run a higher redline, but when it was mapped there was no power above 7200 anyway. 🙁

Sean/CarsOrBikes took my car down to 1320 for me and built my engine, so he will know better than I do.

My charger may not be the best either, it is a Teflon coated but has 130k on it. I do have a 22k mile charger on stand by as well. I went with a 13.2% pulley to reduce heat on track.

Reactions: shiftspark
21 - 25 of 25 Posts