MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, although I wasn't chasing numbers par se, feedback was that my supercharger might be best replaced with a teflon version, and the cam I had was not the best for my intended use..

Fast forward a week or so and I have fitted a teflon coated charger and a 469 catcam. Went back to 1320 yesterday to get it all mapped in.

Previous numbers were 187whp/217crank

Guesses after the new setup? ..

Closest gets an apple 馃崕

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Land vehicle

MIN-Tily Challenged
So, although I wasn't chasing numbers par se, (that鈥檚 what everyone says)
Previous numbers were 187whp/217crank
Guesses after the new setup? ..

Closest gets an apple 馃崕 ipad
Efa

212whp鈥ig screen pro please鈥.

Registered
My Mini is in for a Newman PH2 cam and remap on the dyno next week, 11th May. I expect about 205. Any more would be a bonus. I'd exchange top end for a good mid range and drivability. Most of all I want/need it fueling properly.

It already has a 17% pully, intercooler and Dave F style airbox.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well the winner is (and I've checked twice) is @Colonel Bogey with his guess of 205, just 3 shy of the actual. Here's an apple 馃崕

You can see the before and after on this chart, more power and torque everywhere; a whopping 21hp gain. Not bad for a 20 year old motor.

Before 187whp/217crank
After 208whp/238crank

Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Slope

Premium Member
Healthy!

Need to dig out my graph as we have the same spec except I'm running a 13% pulley. Top BHP you have 6 more but I reckon you'll also be getting a few more throughout the range.

Found the 469 cam to be awesome, doesn't seem to want to stop pulling.

Registered
Decent gains there. Makes me want to try a different cam in mine. Mine is running a 13.2% pulley but has a BVH too and mine made 238. Would be nice to be making a little more.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts