MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've not been able to find a thread with the same symptoms as me.
When you press the power button for the cruise control, the green light on the rev counter comes on and stays on fine, no flashing like i have seen others have had. It comes on and stays on but when it comes to set it, nothing happens... i press it, hold it, try the "+" and the "-" but no cruise control. Any ideas as to what could be the issue? steering wheel buttons shot? I'd have thought if it was my clutch switch it would flash and turn off like other's have but the light stays on and turns off fine when i press it again.

I'm stumped

·
Registered
182 Posts
I don’t have exactly the same but close. After mine was laid up for a few months last year, the cruise is definitely harder to activate to the point where it doesn’t always. Green light on the Rev counter comes on like yours but it doesn’t always latch onto the speed when you try and set it to. I have thought it could be the steering wheel controls, moisture/debris/dust on the circuit boards (this happened to my central locking circuit board inside the rear view mirror) but haven’t had the time to strip it down to look yet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don’t have exactly the same but close. After mine was laid up for a few months last year, the cruise is definitely harder to activate to the point where it doesn’t always. Green light on the Rev counter comes on like yours but it doesn’t always latch onto the speed when you try and set it to. I have thought it could be the steering wheel controls, moisture/debris/dust on the circuit boards (this happened to my central locking circuit board inside the rear view mirror) but haven’t had the time to strip it down to look yet.
I was wondering if it was that too, might try pop that side off and give a good spray in switch cleaner or something

1 - 3 of 3 Posts