MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I used to dwell around here years ago when I had my first, and then second Mini's (R53's heavily tuned) - but then I got all boring and bought an estate.

Well, probably predictably... I am back.

Im looking to try something a little different this time, and fancy a cabrio set up. Dark silver, aero-kit. I cant help but not be naturally drawn to the looks of the cabrio, but I am wondering if anyone could help me with any inspiration that will make me stop looking for hatches!
I love the idea of the cabrio... but so far Im struggling to be "wowed" by it... please prove me wrong

Im ideally looking for:

R53 (old and best shape)
JCW aero kit
ideally dropped... but not fussed

Front, side views etc all appreciated.

Thanks in adv for any help :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ps - while on topic... Could anyone tell me the cost of retro-fitting an aero kit?

Either purchased new and fitted... or second hand?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I think the Aero Kit is pretty damn pricey to buy. So I'd find one with it on to save you a fortune. Aero kit looks great, have it on my new R53. The thing that put me off the convertible was the weight!
And the code for the convertible is R52, not R53.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Ps - while on topic... Could anyone tell me the cost of retro-fitting an aero kit?
I bought my Aero kit brand new as they're so rare to get second hand.
And you'll struggle to buy the kit brand new from BMW now too (even though manufacturers are supposed to supply parts for 10 years!!).

I paid £1000 for the kit and a further £300 to get it painted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts