MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 544 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Stock dyno

This is the story of my beloved ANT-1 :)

I have always loved the new MINI but never thought that it could be my only car. In November 2009, I made a decision to sell my BMW 330d xDrive and thought that I could by something smaller and cheaper to drive, while I think which car would replace the BMW. I have always been driving BMW's so it was natural that I would choose something inside BMW. Now it was time to make my dream come true and buy my first MINI :) The thing which I did not know at the time was that it would not be so easy to sell my BMW and actually now I am planning to keep it as well :D

My criteria for the MINI was R53, black (even though grey did look very good aswell), xenon and auto air con. Few cars fit this criteria and I found this 2003 R53 with only 36 000km. Just couple of days later I was on my way to Germany to meet the guy who was selling it. The car proved to be just as good he described it to be and the car was bought. After a two day trip back to Finland with boat from Germany, I was home with my new MINI :)

As I have never succeeded in keeping my BMW's in stock form, it was not long before I found my way to MT :tongue_smilie:

----------

My plan is to do some exterior and interior modifications + to get all the performance parts gathered together and install them all at once. My goal is to hit something between 230-250BHP this summer.

To-Do List

Please feel free to comment! All advices are more than welcome.

Engine
- Dave.f intake - Done
- Spark plugs BKR7EIX - Done
- Detroit Tuned Bypass Valve - Done
- GP Intercooler - Done
- KMT 17% pulley - Done
- Janspeed manifold + sports cat - Done
- Newman cam - Install
- 550cc injectors - Install
- One ball exhaust
- Tune
- Alta intake - Sold
- JCW 380cc injectors - Sold

Exterior
- De-badge - Done
- Facelift rear lights - Done
- Facelift xenon's - Done
- Stubby aerial - Done
- Rear wiper delete - Done
- All red rear lights - Done
- Rear light de-chrome - Done
- Aero kit - Done
- Aero grill - Done
- JCM brake ducts - Done
- Color coded arches - Done

Interior
- Recaro Pole Position seats -Done
- JCW Alcantara steering wheel - Done
- Steering wheel carbon panels - Done
- Alcantara gear selector boot - Done
- Alcantara hand brake gaiter - Done
- Paint the door trims - Done
- Alcantara door cards - Done
- Rear seat delete Done
- Alcantara headliner

ICE
- Kenwood 7544 - Done
- KFC-X1720P - Done
- Updated rear speakers
- Amp

Suspension
- AP coilovers - Done
- SPC Adjustable rear control arms - Done
- GTT adjustable camber plates - Sold
- KW V1 Coils - Sold

Wheels
- BBS RC / Style 5 - Done
- Zender Milano - Done

Other
- Scangauge II - Done

·
Bugger
25,321 Posts
ditch the alta intake unless you want to lose power, and the JCW 380s aint worth it now mynes can tune with the 550's esp if you want a cam and tune done right

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ditch the alta intake unless you want to lose power, and the JCW 380s aint worth it now mynes can tune with the 550's esp if you want a cam and tune done right
Changing the Alta intake to Dave.f was actually in my mind...

I wonder who can tune my car in Finland even with the 380cc injectors :lol:
Or does Mynes do remote tuning?

·
Bugger
25,321 Posts
mynes will be ready for remote soon, and defo swap for a dave.f heck rocking stock is beter than the alta

·
Simple User
411 Posts
Very detailed plan! :) Looks great! And it also looks like you will be getting to the 230-250 a lot earlier than summer!

·
Registered
210 Posts
You have some great plans there. I have recently been looking into intercoolers to fit before I get a pulley. Having looked into both the GRS and GP, I am settling for the GP. Both seem to be fairly similar in terms of intake temps, although the GP is supposed to recover back to normal temp quicker than the GRS and suffer less from heat soak. The GP should be slightly cheaper and also has the benefit of keeping your engine bay looking stock. Both are great upgrades though so its really down to personal preference.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
M7 ultimate grilles look very cool on all black minis :thumbup:
Get some....
Aero kit and/or M7 grilles... updated :)

You have some great plans there. I have recently been looking into intercoolers to fit before I get a pulley. Having looked into both the GRS and GP, I am settling for the GP.
My first choice was GRS motorsport IC, but as you said, with the GP IC the engine bay would look closer to stock which is a bonus :) If there isn't a big performace difference I might as well go with the GP IC.

Plans sound great dude.

Like the guys say, i'd be going for a GP IC, 550's and a Dave F intake :thumbup1:
As said... I will get 550's if I can get them tuned in Finland. 380cc injectors should get me to 230-250BHP so I think I will use them for now.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Any thoughts on the GRS chargecooler?

Andrea is trying to sell his to me... what would be the advantages/disadvantages except the price compared to the GRS intercooler?

1 - 20 of 544 Posts