MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, does anyone have a Haynes manual for the first gen MINIs? There's a few things i'd like to ask :)

·
Bugger
25,329 Posts
dont get a haynes its wank

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Once more i will ask, just before i order one for a few numbers i miss, anyone having this? Pls someone tell me yes :D

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To be more precise, i am looking for a number, how many degrees After Bottom Dead Center the intake valves close, Haynes manuals have the camshaft timings!

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
Had a look and it says 'With the Camshaft in the correct position, the flat sides of the flange must be vertical and the sprocket locating pin at the 11 o'clock position'.

Makes no sense to me but is this what you're after?

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you very much mate, but it's not that, this is how to place the camshaft on the sprocket.
At the engine chapter --> specifications --> Inlet valve : Opens XX degrees BTDC Closes XX degrees ABDC.
Is this helpfull for you?

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am doing no job at the moment mate, just some study on the new engine we are building, what i am looking for should be at the specifications chapter, as it's just information, no carried work, just a number. I need it to calculate the dynamic compression ratio of the R50 engine.
This may help you, it's from my mate Ford Fiesta mk1 Haynes manual :

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
Mike, DO NOT BUY THIS BOOK, i have looked through the whole book and there is nothing like that in it, i guarantee you. As other people have said, go get a Bentley Manual. I can tell you what your Tyre pressures should be though
:lol:

Seriously though, you won't find what you are looking for in the Haynes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts