MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a JCW mini r56, and under the front two seats there is a thin metal rod from one side to the other, I'd like to know what it is please, what it does, and what would be the consequence if I removed it...

Many thanks, and hope everyone is loving the weather as much as i am,
blunt cruising,
peace

·
Bugger
25,338 Posts
Please dont tell me you mean the adjuster handle .......

·
Bugger
25,338 Posts
aha no not the adjuster handle, like directly under your arse...
If its not broken dont break it, Its been a while since I bothered looking at stock seats so pictures?. Take note you dont have these issues with bucket seats.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aha very true lordf, I was tempted to get some aftermarket buckets, but i do need reclining ones as i need the rear seats (also stopping me getting harnesses!) which kinda sucks...

I can't take a picture right now as I'm still in the office, however, its a thin black metal rod/pole running from one side of the seat to the other (left to right) about 8mm thick, and i can't see any use for it at all...

Just wondered if there's one under your buckets?
thanks for the swift replies

·
Bugger
25,338 Posts
I did away with my rear seats, but theres nothing in the car at all atm as im prepping the inside for painting and caging, theres no bar on any buckets as I use their own side mounts fixed to the floor, but space does suffer with harnesses but its worth it, defo going to have get a roof race as my skis wont work with a cage in there.

·
burble.. burble pop! pop!
442 Posts
back seats are for faggots and losers with families... oh wait thats me :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts