MiniTorque.com banner

601 - 616 of 616 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #603
Looks great top work love the diffuser.. might have to copy you with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just make sure you fit a whole diffuser not just some trim on the bumper

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just make sure you fit a whole diffuser not just some trim on the bumper

Yeah would have to be proper. Really like bracket work to get it mounted neatly looks spot on

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #605
Yeah would have to be proper. Really like bracket work to get it mounted neatly looks spot on

The diffuser is coming off for alignment this week and I'll tidy up the mount I made for it, and put some dimensions up

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #606
Got the engine bay wiring sorted properly today for the LEDs from Rich (RKDE) and a couple of other bits. Also had the scoop and rings painted properly recently, much better than my rattle can job Lenses polished and took out the inside trim, not sure if it looks good without it or not

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #607
Completely forgot about the diffuser mount dimensions it'll be off again to paint black.

All back on again after getting the alignment done, -2 camber all round. Feels great with the new ARB, and it's pretty stable at motorway speeds again, maybe the aero bits helped with that too.

Although I had to replace the tie rods and track rod ends first because they were completely seized, and then a wheel bearing and ball joint on the N/S, driveshaft on the O/S and a new OE crank pulley, pretty sure the old one was starting to fail.

Then when everything seemed fine it decided to stop charging the battery properly, replaced the alternator with a good used one from my mate and its back to normal. Not sure if the black dust on it is from the alternator or the old crank pulley.

And here's a few shots from a trip to the seaside recently, mates car has just gone back together with new OZs, GP skirts and front bumper. Great to have them both back out again.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #608
Here's a few awesome pics from a recent meet, can't be happier with the way the rear is looking now, a few more changes are needed at the front though.

Also went to Santa Pod last weekend for a few runs, 14.3 was the best so a little quicker than last time, but started each run with 50+ IAT Might make an intercooler spray kit when I move the screenwash system for the vented A panels.

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
Car is looking great El, posted a decent time too.

How busy was pod?
Used to find it hit and miss as to whether it was too busy to get a decent amount of runs in but has been years since I went last.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #611
Car is looking great El, posted a decent time too.

How busy was pod?
Used to find it hit and miss as to whether it was too busy to get a decent amount of runs in but has been years since I went last.
Cheers mate. Not sure if it's alright for a Mini or not, R53s aren't fast generally but it was fun. It was fairly busy this time, got 3 runs in between 930 and 1130, end of last year was only 5 runs for the whole day. Any time spent in a queue makes the intake temp far too hot unfortunately.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #613
Not a huge amount going on here, moved out and changed work start of this year. Barely driven the car since December as I've got a company van, it's currently SORN. Just a few jobs to do before the MOT, new alternator again (brand new this time), front wheel bearing and speed sensor, and outer CV boot.

Also bought a set of new Rainsport 5s for £180 after I got a puncture, a pair went on the rear but there's still plenty of tread to burn through at the front.

From August to December I was doing 60 miles a day commuting, took a bit of a beating but now at 122k it's retired to a weekend toy/shopping car. Quite a bit of tidying up to do before the summer show season.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
How do Elliott. Was only thinking the other day we havent had any updates from you.
Hope all is well and the new jobs is good.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #616
How do Elliott. Was only thinking the other day we havent had any updates from you.
Hope all is well and the new jobs is good.
Haven't had much to update tbf, after doing the rear end and aero bits last spring/summer I didn't feel like doing much else to the car, at least while we were allowed to go to small meets etc.

New job is good so far, well still doing the same thing but for a different company, and having the van for work now is great.

I've got a few plans for the car this year but we'll have to see how much time and money I have. I'll make sure I use it as much as possible this year though.

601 - 616 of 616 Posts