MiniTorque.com banner

581 - 592 of 592 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #582
This thing is cool. If I can make mine half the car this is I’ll be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man, appreciate it

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #583
Got the rear end completely stripped now ready for the new R56 bits, and test fitted the floor panels and challenge diffuser. Annoyingly doesn't quite fit the R53, it's a bit too long so a bit of cutting is required. First thing to do is sort all the rust around the boot floor and fuel tank area...

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #585
I did originally want to leave them as they are but they end up with a really awkward lip past the bumper, where they would normally attach to the R56 bumper.

I did trim them down at the front to fit around the towers on the flat floor panels. Got on with the rear fitting of them today, aluminium sheet supports which attach to the crash bar and bumper support. The last thing I wanted was self tapping screws through the bumper, cable ties or glue. It's actually come out very nicely and it's strong, without using the bumper for anything.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #587
I'll get the n/s floor panel mounted today hopefully then I'll get some pics

·
Registered
88 Posts
Both floor panels fitted now, they need quite a bit of cutting at the front

Looks good, I’ve got the rest of the bits for the GP2 diffuser to fit to mine, seems like more of a ball ache than the challenge!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #591
I'd say the GP2 would be a bit easier to fit as the tunnels have their own supports? Although they do extend forward to the floor panels like this one and probably needs an R56 style exhaust for it all to fit.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #592
Tidied up the fuel tank area, R56 subframe painted and Whiteline ARB installed. Only problem I have with re-assembly is I can't undo the flexi from the fitting on the N/S brake line. There's enough line to put a new fitting on I think Also got another pair of Direnza/ebay adjustable arms which need a paint and new dust boots.

581 - 592 of 592 Posts