MiniTorque.com banner

561 - 580 of 607 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
It's definitely the best colour

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk
Definitely, I didn't even know that colour existed 6 years ago when I bought mine. Only went pepper white as every other c**t has grey lol
I suppose pepper white is more sleeper, as from 50m away you'd think it was a young fit blondie driving, until you hear it

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,832 Posts
I bought pepper white and must admit regretted it. The worst colour is that light blue.
Purples best by a mile then black then grey for me.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #566
I've always liked the look of pepper white actually, better than the usual grey.

Put a bit of sound mat in the back today, to try and get rid of the tinny sound of the boot floor, need to carpet over everything and make a battery cover.

·
Registered
68 Posts
If I'm looking at it physically in the garage I like it, but when I see other cars I change my mind the colour is staying so best not keep bringing it up lol
Yeah I'm gona be sound deadening the rear portion too

·
Bugger
25,320 Posts
Put a bit of sound mat in the back today, to try and get rid of the tinny sound of the boot floor, need to carpet over everything and make a battery cover.
The closed cell foam Silent Coat do is very good for the door panel and boot panel behind the plastic.

Reactions: el97

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,481 Posts
You can also use the foam underlay for laminate flooring. Super light and super cheap. A bit of spray glue and you're away

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #570
I'll definitely have a look at putting some foam in too. Maybe I'm getting old but I don't want to be deafened all the time, which is why I've bought another backbox, will need some welding to fit but not too much work hopefully. It's a Flowmaster FlowFX, a straight through design similar to what I have now, but it's been used before on a similar setup with a nicer tone. The Scorpion box I have now sounds really harsh.

Only issue with the Flowmaster is they only come in 409 not 304 stainless, so maybe I'll paint it before installation.

Also got the fan resistor done, quite satisfying having a quiet ish fan.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #571
I've refreshed the control arms this week, now yellow, unseized and with new dust covers on the joints. Surprisingly the old joints were fine, I've probably done 35-40k on these now and they weren't new to me. Not bad for rose joints.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Are those hardrace arms? Think I've got same ones, anodised blue? Can u just paint over the anodising, obviously rubbed down first.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #573
They were Direnza/ebay I think but still anodized blue. Just rubbed down, primed and painted as normal not immaculate by any means with lots of wear and tear from use but they look nicer for now.

·
Registered
68 Posts
That's the one, Direnza! Mine aren't too bad, the lower rose joints are a bit scruffy but should clean up. The anodising is still ok to so might leave as is. Dust boots have seen better days but the car will never see rain after its built so may just go without.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #575
I got a set of 4 new boots for £16 I think, McGill Motorsport do them and all sorts of joints. They're M16x1.5 if you need to replace them, surprised how well they've lasted, the boots were just starting to go brittle.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #576
I got a set of 4 new boots for £16 I think, McGill Motorsport do them and all sorts of joints. They're M16x1.5 if you need to replace them, surprised how well they've lasted, the boots were just starting to go brittle.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yeah I have McGill saved on my eBay sellers. Was going to order some bits to make up droplinks but I'm keeping them standard for now. Got lots more things to buy/make first

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #579
Got my new painted rocker cover on, with the neat sticker from Colin, looks great. Still some wiring to tidy up and I need some stock HT leads, the red doesn't go anymore. Had a leaky injector o-ring so replaced them all while I was there.

It's also 3 years since I bought the car, there's not a lot of original bits left!

561 - 580 of 607 Posts