MiniTorque.com banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 R53, 2005 R53 lightweight, 2008 R55S, 2012 R58FJCW, 2014 R60SD All4, 1996 Mini Cooper 35SE.
6,637 Posts
this work did continue....

Engineering Font Auto part Metal Machine
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Wheel Rim
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Crankset Bumper
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Rim Gas

slight score or two in the pump barrel, already replaced in 2019 according to its date

Automotive tire Rim Gas Auto part Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Engineering Gas Automotive exterior

new chain

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Engineering Machine
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Bumper

chain cartridge in

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wood Automotive exterior Bumper

front main seal, water pump, pump drive wheel, friction wheel all on with belt

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Reactions: knt

·
Premium Member
2005 R53, 2005 R53 lightweight, 2008 R55S, 2012 R58FJCW, 2014 R60SD All4, 1996 Mini Cooper 35SE.
6,637 Posts
oil filter housing and oil cooler on

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Engineering Gas Auto part

rear main

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Auto part Engineering Gas

off the bench when they start to get heavier

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design Automotive engine gasket

Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive engine gasket

head in place, intermediate shaft bearing carrier on to help support the motor

Automotive tire Gas Engineering Machine Font

look nice this clean don't they ;O)

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive tire

gearbox clean up

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design
Grey Wood Font Tool Monochrome

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive design

cleaned up flywheel wearing a nice new OEM clutch

Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Alloy wheel

Reactions: knt

·
Premium Member
6,637 Posts
gearbox, thermostat, and cross over pipe on

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Gas Machine

loom, HPFP, and vac pipes on

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design

chose to time this in the car, weather had been changeable and the assembled motor too big to sit on the floor with the door down next to other stuff, so put it in....

Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle

new oil feed pipe

Land vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Auto part

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Rim
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive air manifold Automotive exterior
Camshaft Engineering Gas Machine Font

Reactions: knt and Fro-dizzle

·
Premium Member
6,637 Posts
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Car Automotive fuel system
Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille Tire
Wheel Tire Car Plant Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

and that's it....

took it for MOT back in April, bit awkward with sport cat but passed it.

happy motor:

·
Premium Member
6,637 Posts
This is how the car currently looks on option wheels I fitted

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

the long and short of why is because I've taken on ownership of the car

tempting as it is to hold onto it, it's not practical to use as a courtesy car because people can't easily insure it as such, due to its modified bits, so it will just get sold now, on either wheel set I guess

the good news is that it's on the road now, it needed to get at least some use as it's sat since April

I did renew the AC condenser but the system still won't hold a vacuum, I doubt I'll look much further into it, likewise for the reverse park sensors that don't work, I might for the bulb warning though, which is due to the system expecting to detect the front spots that were removed during the repair, and if a sensibly priced OEM grille turns up, I might replace that, and rear headrests plus a parcel shelf. If I'm in the right mood one day I might also put some nice OEM mats in it, maybe not....

It drives well, sounds good, don't know what map is on it, but it pops a bit where my others don't so I'm guessing it could be a stage 2 potentially, who knows, if the noise was any more than subtle I'd be recoding it and getting it done again, fortunately it's about right. I haven't pushed it as it's still only done around 100 miles and has running oil in it at the moment. I'll change that after a day out in North Wales sometime soon where I'll get it hot in or around Snowdonia perhaps.

If someone is looking for one of these ready to go having just the above bits pending resolution by the next owner, then contact me to view this one perhaps.

FYI, the tyres shown are Accelera 651 Sport Extra, road legal semi slicks with a 100tw, in 215/45r17, no noise from them and they are sticky ;O)

·
Premium Member
6,637 Posts
as cruise control got mentioned the other day, and this car doesn't have the option, I decided to buy a column switch pack in the hope I can code in the retrofit for a MFSW which I happen to have hanging up, so that would be handy if it works, will help sell the car and could prove inexpensive

I ran the 'choo choo' for a bit over 650 miles last week, flies along nicely, averaged 43+ on two trips out to Hull way, mostly upper motorway speed and for a while up at a higher one, as well as a bit of contraflow so overall it wasn't bad for a 240 odd hp petrol 15yr old albeit on a fresher engine. That's not just trusting the trip actually, it was calculated fill to fill, in fact the run was 306 miles both times, but I'd already put 40odd on the first tank, and that calc was saying 48! I'll take 43 though, don't know how I was driving to see the other:LOL:

it's back on its Eagle F1 205/45's now, those semi slicks are now on this car's original Fox rims which are currently on my silver coupe having just been powder coated silver

they might end up back on it if someone wants to pay the bit extra

lots of room for big brakes under them, also easily clear my 6pots on the black 53 ;O)

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Window
Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

actually, the tyre size is better suited to the 'choo choo', being a taller 215/45 they complement the lower springs both for arch gap and lifting the car that little bit away from the ground, might try one of the 225/40r18 R95's on it to see if they clear, I suspect not when lowered a bit but worth a try, they work on the 55

I gave it the mats from the clubby as it had none, not great but are OEM and look loads better than bare carpet which would only get spoiled, new mats for the clubby arrive tomorrow

it's out as a courtesy car currently, so another driver feedback is "Also that mini is ace! Really nice to drive. Mechanically really sound!"

(It's not exactly slow:ROFLMAO:)

·
Premium Member
6,637 Posts
decided to refit its original wheels today, looks a lot nicer with them in silver I think, these now have Accelera 651 Sport Extra Semi Slicks which lift the car a touch and look better in the arch

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

centre caps are a bit tired

also took the AEM brace off, happy to sell that separately

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Hood

I changed the battery cover panel for a better one too, the other had a hole in it for some reason

I think I might have got the cause of the AC not working as well, one of the seals was chopped at the condenser which I suspected might have been the case, so a new one on, and I'll see if I can get it gassed in the week

The front spots still need disconnecting electronically, can't actually see where I need to do that, the warning lamp will come on for bulb out probably until I do

I scanned the park sensors again, and it says three out of four have duff sensors, last time I scanned it I don't think it would communicate at all so will get some of those, cheap enough unpainted

I gave it the front mats from the clubby for now, so it has something at least

While on the scanner I also looked to see what software updates were applicable, and there are several, I hadn't looked before as it's remapped, so I wasn't going to bother, certainly for the DME which if recoded after updating would probably flash the map back to stock, I think it does anyway, so left it, but I think I will look do to do the others

I also have the column switch pack for the MFSW upgrade to try, so might do that before the other updates and applying the retrofit update, would be good if that works so it can have cruise, might help it sell

will change the ad to include these wheels

21 - 27 of 27 Posts