MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The car is making around 140hp(estimated), but until i get the head and the full custom remap i won't get to my target(150). i also have cooper S injectors(with adapters) to install with the head. The car is pulling very well, with a nice power delivery and since i installed the thumper intake manifold i feel that the car as improved at high rpm's. I still want to test the cooper S intake manifold(with a litlle work on it)...

I could go extreme to get more power (itb's etc), but since it's my daily car i dont' want a shitty mpg and idle!.

it's damn fun to drive, and at the end of the day, that's what really matters.

ps. it has 173000kms ;)

·
Premium Member
9,887 Posts
When I looked at doing this I measured up to have it re drilled and it was possible, but is the intact tract only 58mm making it pointless?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you not fancy starting this work on an S ?
Being around the mini world for a couple of years, ive had the opportunity of seeing what a cooper S (modded like i wanted) would make me spend, and it's not affordable for me.

I do love the whine etc etc etc.. but i've seen so many guys that have a cooper s with 200++++ HP and they don't seem to know how to enjoy the car to it's fullest because they are in a crazy search of power, (i'm not saying i'm a Fangio, or that all cooper s drivers don't know how to drive).

As soon as i reach my target (150+hp) i will have a very fun car and with the setup i have in my suspension i believe i can "scare" some cars that have more power(in a trackday).

Maybe, later when my engine dies, i put an S engine on it with a turbo(don't want the ic hole on the hood), but until then, i will enjoy my car and know how to drive it better!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I looked at doing this I measured up to have it re drilled and it was possible, but is the intact tract only 58mm making it pointless?
MLJ and scraggles i've made that mod a long time ago and i can say that it's not that hard, and according to my measurements back then(years ago) it was worth it, but i maybe wrong.. as i said.. it was a long time ago!

·
burble.. burble pop! pop!
442 Posts
Being around the mini world for a couple of years, ive had the opportunity of seeing what a cooper S (modded like i wanted) would make me spend, and it's not affordable for me.

I do love the whine etc etc etc.. but i've seen so many guys that have a cooper s with 200++++ HP and they don't seem to know how to enjoy the car to it's fullest because they are in a crazy search of power, (i'm not saying i'm a Fangio, or that all cooper s drivers don't know how to drive).

As soon as i reach my target (150+hp) i will have a very fun car and with the setup i have in my suspension i believe i can "scare" some cars that have more power(in a trackday).

Maybe, later when my engine dies, i put an S engine on it with a turbo(don't want the ic hole on the hood), but until then, i will enjoy my car and know how to drive it better!
i respect everything you have done but surely a cooper s with coilovers is twice the car? i just think when you get 150bhp you might as well have bought a box standard cooper s with 165 bhp? (old r53) i couldn't imagine wanting to drive anything slower than my cooper s now?

looks great tho! :D

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you Coopers-sam, believe me, i ve spent enough money on this baby to buy a cooper S and tune it, however the maintenance for a cooper s is to high for me, and no cooper s engine is reliable as a cooper\one.(and let's not forget the mpg i can get)

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Magnaflow with R56 JCW(not factory) tip ;) .

Ive never heard a mini with a sound like mine has!!

However its impossible to live with it at 120\140 km h... (too much drone), i will have to do something about it!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Great looking one, can't wait to do more mods to mine this year.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts